Talk

Advanced search

Can I buy a birthday cake for DD online for £20 or near? Tescos doesn't seem to do them online??

(14 Posts)
used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 18:54:25

Thats it really, all the others that are personalised are £50 plus and DD will be two so its not like she'll care. I need one for about twenty people and just want it to say happy birthday dd or happy second birthday dd. Other option is to get a big plain one (sainsburys? tescos?)and buy decorations. I can not bake to save my life so can't make one myself!

used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 19:58:35

Bump

ChippyMinton Tue 09-Sep-08 20:03:52

waitrose entertaining? (sorry can't make the link work)

MegBusset Tue 09-Sep-08 20:07:50

Can you just get a supermarket one (M&S have loads) and personalise it with letter-shaped candles?

used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 20:07:56

Thank you ChippyMinton but I forgot to say, XPs mum works there and got me the catalogue but again, the personalised ones were all over budget. Maybe I will have to get a plain one and buy letters to put her name etc on?

used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 20:10:26

Megbusset actually candles are a good plan can I buy those at the supermarket too? Just looked again at the Waitrose one though and there are some cheaper ones. Not very child like but I don't know if that matters?

used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 20:11:14

Megbusset actually candles are a good plan can I buy those at the supermarket too? Just looked again at the Waitrose one though and there are some cheaper ones. Not very child like but I don't know if that matters?

compo Tue 09-Sep-08 20:12:33

Tesco do quite a few if you go on their site

MegBusset Tue 09-Sep-08 20:12:43

Look most common names here or I bet they can do whatever name you like if you email them!

S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 20:13:08

yesco and sainsburys do fairly decent range in store of large ckaes for children - inc things like smarties caterpillers etc.

used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 20:13:14

Actually I've just seen a gorgeous teddy one in Waitrose catalogue but it only serves 16, that would be more than enough for the children but I'd probably then need to get a cheaper non personalised chocolate or similar cake for the adults, what do you think?

S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 20:14:29

If you get one with hard icing you can buy those icing oens to write on it.

If you get a squishy chocolate one you can 'write' with choc buttons or smarties. A better bet I think.

used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 20:17:20

Thanks Megbusset, good link. And Slur and compo I though they did but couldn't for the life of me find them online for tescos. I'm a bit panicked about not getting it in time so may order from waitrose after all. What do we think for a two year old girl, fairy toadstool type thing or teddy?

used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 20:19:25

ooh hadnb't thought of writing with chocolate buttons that sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now