Talk

Advanced search

Party games for second birthday party

(9 Posts)
furrycat Sun 07-Sep-08 19:37:48

DS2 is two next week and having a little party for about 6 other kids, aged between one and 5 (mostly aged 2). Any ideas for simple party games in our tiny playroom?

hana Sun 07-Sep-08 19:39:51

2 year olds don't really get party games though, I'd just have lots of toys out for them to play with and make it an extended 'playdate' (shudder at name) with a few extra kids than normal.

Olihan Sun 07-Sep-08 19:50:27

Agree with Hana. They don't get traditional party games and even Pass the Parcel becomes 'Wrestle the Parcel From Each Child Amidst Much Screaming' grin. Much better and less stressful just to let them play and have a party tea.

Or, for ds1's 2nd B'day and Dd's 3rd B'day I made a load of fairy cakes, bought lots of cake decorations and let them be creative decorating their own cakes. They all loved it and it takes up about half an hour but the mess is quite horrific. I was still crunching 100s & 1000s underfoot about a month later!

notnowbernard Sun 07-Sep-08 19:55:29

No games (not for the 2y olds anyway)

They won't get it

Get the toys out and blow up a load of balloons!

largeoneplease Sun 07-Sep-08 20:14:34

Agree, no organised games, just lots of toys, balloons and bubbles if you can be outside.

snickersnack Sun 07-Sep-08 20:16:35

I remember a party dd went to where the host attempted to get them to play pass the parcel aged 2. They were baffled. At dd's we had dancing, throwing balloons around and a bubble machine. They had fun.

notnowbernard Sun 07-Sep-08 20:19:31

I was at one and was forced to deal with a mega-tantrum because dd2 refused to pass-the-bloody-parcel

It was a party of 10 2yr olds

PavlovtheCat Sun 07-Sep-08 20:19:55

I had a big list of party games for DDs 2nd birthday, they did not play one!

Too busy playing with DDs new toys, running around screaming (new thing for DD!) eating food, then watching chitty chitty bang bang to give the adults some chill out time!

lilolilmanchester Mon 08-Sep-08 11:03:28

Agree with toys and balloons, rather than party games at 2. I think we did action songs & rhymes - if you're happy and you know it/the wheels on the bus/going on a bear hunt etc? And story time to calm them down before home time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now