Talk

Advanced search

Help on christenind pressies please, before shops shut today!

(5 Posts)
philmassive Sat 06-Sep-08 14:09:33

Hi All, Please help! I am godmother at my friend's son's christening tomorrow and I've bought him a wooden Noah's Ark as a present.

I am now having a major panic as a couple of people have commented on how it's not very appropriate / traditional a gift and that it's not much of a keep sake.

Your thoughts please, is it OK? Or would I be better off going out now and buying a more traditional keepsake type of present like something silver? Please be honest, I don't want to make a mess of it!!!

quaranta Sat 06-Sep-08 14:12:31

IT' S a totally suitable and lovely thoughtful present in my opnion. I think it's a great idea - can't believe anyone wouldn't think so. Why isn't a wooden Noah;s Ark something that will be a keepsay anyway - I still have mine from the early 70s !

FluffyMummy123 Sat 06-Sep-08 14:12:55

Message withdrawn

MaureenMLove Sat 06-Sep-08 15:06:41

He'll get piles of silver stuff and only one Noah's Ark! I think its a lovely present.

philmassive Sat 06-Sep-08 17:41:58

Thanks everyone, with your help (and the help of the archives, cod, thanks for the tip) I've decided to go with the ark and risk people thinking me a freak!! I know what I'd prefer to receive out of the two options!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now