Talk

Advanced search

had planned a bouncy castle / barbecue party for ds2's 5th bday next weekend. assuming this wonderful weather is probably here to stay, HELP please, what can we do?

(13 Posts)
gigglewitch Fri 05-Sep-08 20:27:50

the rain likelihood is increasing by the minute. we haven't given out invites yet but will have to have them sorted tomorrow. Probably six or so 4&5yo's to do ????? with, plus our own three dc (7.9yo, birthday boy and 2.9)
hoping the collective wisdom of mners can help out again, and as the washing machine killed itself the other night i am going to be completely skint now buying a new one tomorrow hmm

ChasingSquirrels Fri 05-Sep-08 20:31:24

presumably at home? with that number could you just do an inside party, few party games, same food but cooked (or pasta and meatballs type). Really the same sort of thing but inside with games and playing with toys instead of outside with bouncy castle.

gigglewitch Fri 05-Sep-08 20:33:40

like pass the parcel, statues, treasure hunt, good ol' fashioned stuff?

pinkteddy Fri 05-Sep-08 20:36:53

could hire a hall (eg: church hall) big enough to put bouncy castle up in? Don't know if that is feasible? Otherwise I would go along with others suggestions. Most of the bouncy castles I have booked in the past don't charge you if its really raining so you might not need to cancel and you never know the weather might improve!

ChasingSquirrels Fri 05-Sep-08 20:38:19

yes, although I have to say at ds2's 5th last year the kids (7 invitees) looked at me like I was mad when I started organising the games.
- Pass the parcel - v small something in middle and small sweet in each layer
- musical statues / bumps
- sock game - pull socks half way off (actually take all socks off and put in OWN shoes - then use a load of your socks) everyone crawls round trying to pull others socks off, last one with socks on is the winner
- treasure hunt, I do this at the end and they each find a small present (I don't do party bags). last year I printed out 5 different colour power rangers and they had to find one of each (did a card with a picture clue to where they were - picture of the stairs, the table {stuck underneath] etc). This year I will be doing written clues.

gigglewitch Fri 05-Sep-08 20:40:32

ooooooohhhhh, pinkteddy i had not thought of that one grin - Thank you!

the bouncy castle is actually a commercial one that we inherited, my brother used to hire it out but gave it to us when he retired! It is absolutely huge, but can borrow trailer to transport it hmm <brain starting to work now>

Sawyer64 Fri 05-Sep-08 20:43:19

I thought some Bouncy castles have a canopy roof? Could be wrong. . . .??

BBQ food easy to do inside,or if not windy put a Gazebo up,next to back door,use this area for BBQ maybe,if you can still use a Bouncy castle.

Otherwise Indoor party I guess.

gigglewitch Fri 05-Sep-08 20:43:34

nice one pink. am now thinking that combination of ideas might work... have found one of my brain cells and hoping another might be in there too hmm
hall, bouncy castle, few games? Hmmm, sounding possible. Or home, bouncy castle (with crossed fingers for bit of dry weather) and games for when wet... all sounding quite promising.
you are stars, both of ya! smile

Sawyer64 Fri 05-Sep-08 20:45:46

See _HERE_ for examples....

Lilyloo Fri 05-Sep-08 20:48:56

We had this problem for dd2 christening. Bouncy castle had roof and we borrowed gazebo to cook in if need be. Put barbecue under umbrella ?
Luckily for us it stayed dry as had 60 people here!
Fingers crossed it stays dry for you too!

pinkteddy Fri 05-Sep-08 21:24:56

glad to be of help smile

hope all goes well!

gigglewitch Fri 05-Sep-08 22:07:49

request to all - best prayer-mats/spells/vibes etc for decent weather on sunday 14th. Pretty please.

Sawyer64 Sat 06-Sep-08 16:29:40

Sending *No Rain* vibes your way. (probably pushing it for good weather!hmm)

Good Luck! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now