Talk

Advanced search

Help me help me help me! What can we do for DS1's 7th birthday???!

(21 Posts)
scampadoodle Fri 05-Sep-08 09:02:45

It's next week. It's always a rush as it's right at the beginning of term. Anyway, this year we thought we'd take 10 kids to the cinema then back for food at our house. DS1 wanted to see Clone Wars. BUT because it's the end of the summer, there aren't any kids' films on anymore. I suggested to my pfb hmm that we arrange to meet at the soft play, I'd pay everyone's entry & take along food. "I hate that place" he said, like a bloody 15 year old!
The thing is, he doesn't understand why the cinema can't be showing the film he wants to see...
Soooooo- does anyone have any ideas? We don't have a very big garden & anyway the weather's bound to be crap. I really really don't want 10 6-7 year old boys rampaging in the house. Or maybe that's what I should do?

We'd planned on Saturday 13th btw, & we're in north London.

TIA

scampadoodle Fri 05-Sep-08 09:09:07

bump

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 05-Sep-08 09:10:24

How about bowling? Always goes down well here.

scampadoodle Fri 05-Sep-08 09:11:46

It's a good idea...I don't think there's a rink (?is that what you call them?!) near here but I'll check. Thanks

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 05-Sep-08 09:15:16

Other ideas (some will probably work better with smaller groups though):

Ice/roller skating
Farm
Disco
We used to have a Zapp Zone (am sure there are different ones now) basically running around in a dark room shooting lasers at each other.
Aquarium
Fishing (boys love this)
Activity centre (rock climbing, zip wire etc.)

smartiejake Fri 05-Sep-08 09:17:06

If you are feeling brave enough to have a few friends round your house you could have a bear making party. My dd is having one of these on Saturday and the company we used were really quick in delivering the packs.

You can order bear kits from as little as £5.99 per child and they are realy easy to make. Throw in a few party games and pizzas and you don't need to buy party bags as the bear comes with a special bag to go home in.

Seehere

MadameCastafiore Fri 05-Sep-08 09:17:18

What about that laser shooting at each other stuff - my friend has 2 boys and they both adore that?

Oh and rock climbing is great - DD went to a climbing party and really loved it - said she felt brave and adventurous!

smartiejake Fri 05-Sep-08 09:17:51

oops sorry just realised it's boys- not sure teddies would go down too well.

Furball Fri 05-Sep-08 09:35:41

go karting? although I don't know if there's a venue nearby or you could hire a school hall and book your own?

MingMingtheWonderPet Fri 05-Sep-08 09:38:33

You could do a cinema party at home? i know you aren't that keen to do it at home, but they will probably all be pretty good. i have done this for DS before and it went well. Provided popcorn and a few sweets, and pizza afterwards for tea.
DS could have his choice of film then (well, not Clone Wars, but anyway!)

scampadoodle Fri 05-Sep-08 09:46:06

That laser shooting sounds brilliant, will look into it. Climbing is an excellent idea but our local place is quite expensive, & I did think about a cinema party at home but we don't have a very big telly! Is the new Indiana Jones out on DVD yet?

scampadoodle Fri 05-Sep-08 09:46:32

Sorry, also meant to say: *thank you*

smartiejake-do you only have girls? bear making sounds great for girls but i don't know any 7 year old boys who would think it was a good thing to do for a party!

zwiggy Fri 05-Sep-08 09:51:20

circus space in old street does kids parties, like wild west lassoo ing and tight rope walking. might be pricey though

scampadoodle Fri 05-Sep-08 09:51:37

Stalker - yes, she already realised that! My god, I can just imagine DS1's face... (They truly are a different species)

snort-i know!¬ just trying to imagine ds1!!!grin

zwiggy Fri 05-Sep-08 09:54:01

soz just looked on their website and its not listed but they used to do them so you could phone up. What about swimming?

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 05-Sep-08 09:55:06

Message withdrawn

scampadoodle Fri 05-Sep-08 10:15:14

Yes, swimming's possible. Some parents would have to go in the pool though as they're all under 8.

Starlight - lovely idea, but we're in inner London!

Am going to google laser shooting, climbing & bowling now...

Kbear Mon 08-Sep-08 23:38:02

Someone I know when to Movieum and said it was good, lots of Star Wars stuff. You might want to halve the number of kids you take though!!

Kbear Mon 08-Sep-08 23:38:25

went to.....!!!! it's late!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now