Advanced search

public liability insurance?

(3 Posts)
notimetoshop Mon 01-Sep-08 23:13:03

Have got as far as identifying and provisionally booking hall.

But booking form says: The HIRER shall indemnify (x), its officers and employees in respect of the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the building or its contents during or as a result of a booking and in respect of any liability to third parties ..
The HIRER should ensure that any necessary third party liability insurance has been taken out. ... The hirer may be asked to disclose their insurance cover to verify this.

Am hoping this will be simple (and cheap). but cannot find anyone who does it not norwich union, more than etc...

Can anyone help?

(I also need to observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation - can I serve cheese sarnies and cake?)

AMumInScotland Tue 02-Sep-08 11:22:48

Have you looked at your house or contents insurance to see if that covers it? Mine has lots of strange extra things like public liability and legal costs all included.

notimetoshop Tue 02-Sep-08 23:27:13

Thanks. I'll do that. I thought it would be one of those things you can just get as a one-off like wedding insurance or travel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now