Talk

Advanced search

Does this Birthday treat sound too young?

(7 Posts)
pinkbubble Mon 01-Sep-08 20:01:41

DD will be 11 in a couple of weeks. She doesn't have "birthday parties so to speak anymore, but instead a treat.

DD has asked to have 5 friends around from a similar age range and have a craft party.

She wants to make:-

Necklaces and bracelets
Door hangers
small cardboard favour boxes.
Make cards
etc.

She wants a selection of things out so they can choose what they want to make.

I do have most of the craft equipment although not the jewellery, so would have to get those bits.

I did wonder whether just to encourage her to have the jewellery party and then let them make up the cardboard favour box to take them home in.

What do you think?

janeite Mon 01-Sep-08 20:03:56

DD2 is 11 and would still enjoy this. In fact dd1 (13) went to a party where they decorated bags, ate pizza and watched a film and she said they all had a lovely time; and she still uses the bag!

pinkbubble Mon 01-Sep-08 20:06:55

Thanks janeite. Like the idea about the bag!

MaureenMLove Mon 01-Sep-08 20:22:18

Perfect idea. I actually do childrens craft parties, as another sideline of mine! Girls between 8 and 12 are the most popular and I had one girl who had one 3 years running!

pinkbubble Mon 01-Sep-08 20:59:31

Maureen have spoken to you about this type of party before, (last year DD had a "Make a Memory" Bit like a scrapbook party and they made pizzas!)

MaureenMLove Mon 01-Sep-08 21:25:09

Oh yes!! I thought I remembered your name for something I was discussing! Well, you know my views then. Perfect for 11 year olds!

I made phone/bag charms at my neices party this year. You can pick up the little clips at Hobbycraft with all the jewellery bits and we started with thin ribbon tied onto the clips and went wild with beads and things.

Just in case you're interested, my dd is 13 this year and doesn't want a making party, she wants a posh dinner party cooked by daddy and waited on by mummy! grin

pinkbubble Mon 01-Sep-08 22:00:34

Hobby craft is the shop that I will be going too! Unfortunately it takes about an hour to get there!

Like the mobile phone charms idea! DD will be getting a mobile phone for her birthday so that sounds like a great idea!

Thank you!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now