Talk

Advanced search

When did you stop throwing a party for your dc?

(13 Posts)
LucyJones Sun 31-Aug-08 12:28:13

Ds (4) has been to loads of parties at softplay, swimming pool, hired hall, bouncy castle etc
We are throwing his forst one for his 5th
When can we stop though? I'm envisaging years of hell wink

twinsetandpearls Sun 31-Aug-08 12:32:42

I think we may be winding down, dd is about to be 7 and I love doing parties so she has an extravaganza every year. But this year she said all I want is a disco.

pagwatch Sun 31-Aug-08 12:34:20

My Ds didn't have one this year. That was the first one he has 'missed'. He was 15
grin
And his parties ( and his sisters) are always extravaganzas. DD is having a party for her class with fairy entertainer and face ppainting etc etc on Sunday. She will be six.

I had a very deprived childhood and clearly have issues but there it is. smile

twinsetandpearls Sun 31-Aug-08 12:36:01

I tried to book a Kylie impersonator for dd but no luck so just a disco guy for dd with games, bubble machine etc,

I suspect I have the same issues pagwatch. grin

pinkbubble Sun 31-Aug-08 12:39:39

Our DDs had their last party for their 7th Birthday.

After that its a Birthday treat until they get to 13, when it seemed to fit naturally for DD to have a takeaway meal for a couple of friends.

This has worked out so far really well.

Obviously they still have a Birthday cake.

LucyJones Sun 31-Aug-08 17:21:42

ooh 7 I could come with , that means only throwing 3 for ds!

LucyJones Sun 31-Aug-08 17:22:01

could cope with!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 31-Aug-08 17:24:22

Last party on reaching age 6.

After that trip out with Special Friend/s incorporating cinema/Pizza hut/science museum scenario.

LucyJones Sun 31-Aug-08 20:38:15

phew! it is not as bad as I thought grin

Starmummy Wed 03-Sep-08 16:39:21

OMG. Ds 13 on Friday and he is having a party. Every year we say no more but every year we have another. Great fun, we done them all, pirates, treasure hunts, olympic games, pool party, maize maze, clown/magician, disco. Generally I try to get a location that is just one cost and then you can have as many as you like. We also have halloween parties, christmas parties, treasure hunts. gosh I didnt realise there had been so many! And we always have a cake to match, made by me. The only time we have limited numbers was when he ahd a rock climbing party.

Tee hee ever year DH says no more but every year we just carry on and I will untill Ds says he wants something different. In fact on another thread a lady said her DD wanted a posh dinner cooked by her dad and served by her mum. She will be 13, I think that would be a great op for girls to get all dressed up seriously glam.

LucyJones Wed 03-Sep-08 16:43:03

starmummy - you should get a job as a party planner!!

Tortington Wed 03-Sep-08 16:47:23

i alwasy ave mine a choice - party or prezzie

can't affort both.

up to you

one big prezzie

or party and lots of £1.99 shit gifts.

if they chose big prezzie - as they usually did, then they got to invite 2 friends each home for tea party after school.

i just can't stand that 8th circle of hell - *children's Parties*

escape Wed 03-Sep-08 17:11:03

Humbug Custy!

Starmummy - so i'll be calling on you then for all the kids cakes/
I'm extravaganza throwing party planner extraordinaire myself 0 but can't bake for the life in me.
I'll drive around springs and follow the smell until I find you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now