Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2nd Birthday Party - remind me, can 2 year olds actually do anything?

(9 Posts)
tassisssss Wed 27-Aug-08 19:39:02

We'll do pass the parcel and have balloons and dancing and food. Is that enough? Some crafty activity?

Moomin Wed 27-Aug-08 19:40:21

noooo not crafts for 2 year olds. Pass the parcel will be activity enough with balloons and food. That's plenty

WobblyPig Wed 27-Aug-08 19:40:41

Could play some action/sing-a-long stuff like Head, shoulders...; the wheels ont he bus.

RubySlippers Wed 27-Aug-08 19:40:49

well you can try games!

a roll of lining paper and loads of crayons went down well at DS's party for about 5 minutes

TBH the children all just ran around getting giddy

tassisssss Wed 27-Aug-08 19:52:27

Thanks all, that's pretty much what I reckoned! Wobbly, you've reminded me that she ADORES singing atm, especially hokey kokey so we'll do that.

Let's face it most of it's for my benefit (sad woman that I am!)

WobblyPig Wed 27-Aug-08 19:53:46

Yes, Am Also planning a 2nd birthday so have been putting together a sing-a-long IPOD playlist.

tassisssss Wed 27-Aug-08 19:56:11

I've still not ruled out a wee crafty thing. A good few of her wee friends are already 2, most go to toddlers with her and crafts are always popular there...

tassisssss Wed 27-Aug-08 19:56:30

Wobbly, what else have you planned?

WobblyPig Wed 27-Aug-08 20:08:57

At the moment we are having an animal theme. So kids can come as a animal either. We have children of a range of ages coming from 6 down to 1 so I've suggested a toy swap : bring along a good toy no longer wanted see who takes to it and let them take it home. Menas people bring entertainemnt for other and can dispose of unused toys . Will contribute some of our own.

Activity wise mainly songs and dancing; then food /cake.
Imagine all good plans will be sabotaged by toddler antics but as you say it's mainly for family/friends at this age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now