Talk

Advanced search

Anyone made an Upsy Daisy cake?

(12 Posts)
tassisssss Wed 27-Aug-08 19:37:50

Would I be mad to even attempt it? Should I just buy the tesco one? Anyone got any thoughts?

fruitstick Wed 27-Aug-08 19:40:28

No but I want to! Do you have a design?

MadMazza Wed 27-Aug-08 19:42:59

If you made one it would be FAR nicer. I made a cake with the Chelsea Football Club badge on it this year (for his 7th) and I surprised myself how good it looked! I didn't make the cake though - I cheated and bought some ready made chocolate ones from Tesco and joined them together - A good way to cheat and it tasted great too!!

MadMazza Wed 27-Aug-08 19:43:55

If you made one it would be FAR nicer. I made a cake with the Chelsea Football Club badge on it this year (for his 7th) and I surprised myself how good it looked! I didn't make the cake though - I cheated and bought some ready made chocolate ones from Tesco and joined them together - A good way to cheat and it tasted great too!!

SquiffyHock Wed 27-Aug-08 19:49:08

A friend of mine bought the set of Garden figures and then decorated a sponge in green and made flowers etc - it looked lovey and her DD got to keep the toys.

SquiffyHock Wed 27-Aug-08 19:50:43

Night Garden figures!

tassisssss Wed 27-Aug-08 19:54:06

Squiffy, that's an inspired idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that! Tell me more about the green cake and flowers etc please.

SquiffyHock Wed 27-Aug-08 20:10:24

If my memory serves me correctly it was just a round sponge, iced green with a ribbon around it. She then made some icing flowers, arranged the figures and iced on her name.

Califrau Wed 27-Aug-08 20:41:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Wed 27-Aug-08 20:42:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twinklytoes Wed 27-Aug-08 21:42:40

I've made something similar for dds 2nd - was fifi inspired but could be upsy.

made maderia cake rather than victoria sponge - slightly harder and easier to ice. covered in green roll out icing. bought chocolate daisies from local posh choc shop and took a picture of fifi to the local cake shop and they made a replica of fifi out of marzipan for the top.

sure I linked to it many moons ago, will go and find.

twinklytoes Wed 27-Aug-08 21:49:21

it was her 3rd but better to view than reading my description

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now