Talk

Advanced search

Should I take anything to a summer party?

(7 Posts)
DelGirl Sat 23-Aug-08 08:07:26

DD 3 has been invited to a summer party today. It's for her little friend who is also 3 and her brother who is 1. It's not their birthday it's just a party.

So, should I take anything? And what? Bear in mind, they have everything and I mean everything they could ever need/want.

DelGirl Sat 23-Aug-08 08:54:20

smile
should add that the family are all very lovely grin

posieflump Sat 23-Aug-08 08:55:22

bottle of wine maybe or box of chocolates

LadyPenelope Sat 23-Aug-08 08:55:26

Doesn't sound like anything is really necessary - is it like a big playdate rather than a party? If a kids party, then might still be nice to take a little something along, but not absolutely necessary. Eg, a nice book for the kids, sticker books, colouring or puzzle book, bubbles or something.

If adults/families, I'd take along a small gift - bottle of wine, flowers, plant for the garden, nice box of choccies or something to say thank you.

DelGirl Sat 23-Aug-08 09:06:59

ooh, thanks for the suggestions. I think I may have something stashed away that you've reminded me of and perhaps a bottle of vino too smile. It is a childrens party.

DelGirl Sat 23-Aug-08 09:12:03

marvellous, i've a found a Thomas mini aquadraw and an M&S dolly dressing book for her. It's like a cut out book of dolls and clothes. Remember Twinkle?

fab

LadyPenelope Sat 23-Aug-08 09:18:08

Sounds perfect ... nice gesture without being over the top! Enjoy - hope the weather is nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now