Talk

Advanced search

Party Planning in- Indoor Play Center- Your Advice Please- Any Good?

(14 Posts)
mummy2go Fri 22-Aug-08 20:58:07

Hi ladies

Could you possibly share your views on parties at Indoor play centers?
I am going crazy and instead of going back to work thinking of opening an indoor play facility. One of theofferings would be parties

_ would you consider having a party at one if not why not?
-How much would you be prepared to pay per head 7.95, 8.95 so on..includes food, play etc..based on a min of 10 children
-Would any of you expect the price to be cheaper in the week?
-Have you ever been to one and if you thought they were good why? and if it was rubbish, why?

Thanks a million and and all views welcome, I'm hoping your feedback will mean I cater for them! should I take the plunge!

Thanks a million

wotulookinat Sat 23-Aug-08 13:02:55

I would consider having a party at one, if there was a separate party room for the kids to eat in.
I would not be prepared to pay any more than £6 a head.

mummy2go Sat 23-Aug-08 18:02:09

Thank you- thats helpful
Mummy 2 go
Anymore advice on the party front greatly appreciated?

schneebly Sat 23-Aug-08 18:07:56

I would pay up to £8 per head if it included paty room, food, host, balloons, cake, facepainting, partybags etc.

Good things at softplay are;

separate area for the tinies
decent menu
wi-fi
newspapers
secure entry
discounts and special offers for regular visits etc
air conditioning
decent toilets and changing facilities

HTH

schneebly Sat 23-Aug-08 18:08:41

Oh and plentiful seating for the adults - a mix of table and chairs and sofa with coffee tables is good

mummy2go Sat 23-Aug-08 19:57:23

Lots to think about!- thanks schenebly

wotulookinat Sat 23-Aug-08 22:15:32

Stairgates are good - secure ones to the kitchen and the toilets would be great as my son (like many toddlers) like to make a bee-line for out of bounds areas.

bythepowerofgreyskull Sat 23-Aug-08 22:18:46

our local one has various party options.
they will reserve you a table and do party food
you can book the party room for food
or for £400 you can book a 2 hour session in the play center for just the children invited to the party.
a couple of years ago we did this for DS1 and 5 of his friends who have birthdays in the same month, it wasn't that expensive when we split the cost. there were 20 children in the end.

wotulookinat Sat 23-Aug-08 22:21:38

Wicked name, Greyskull!

choosyfloosy Sat 23-Aug-08 22:24:01

I have been to someone else's party at a very nice centre that has since closed (perhaps a bit too nice - though I think in fact the location was wrong - it was in an industrial centre, not on the way to anything else).

I know they all seem to charge about #8 - #10 per child. I am too cheap/broke to pay these prices.

The food was a real let-down in the one I went to. A separate room that was really small for the party, hence adults wedged against the wall uncomfortably while children eating. Food extremely dull and not all that fresh. They at least allowed the parents to bring the child's own cake, and catered for allergies effectively.

I think it must be hard to make ends meet in this business - the location matters a lot, plus other competition in the area.

bythepowerofgreyskull Sat 23-Aug-08 22:24:40

thanks smile

somersetmum Sat 23-Aug-08 22:30:55

dd had her party at a brand new play centre that had only been open a couple of months.
It was a fantastic venue, but it was £9 a head for two ahd a half hours, plus £20 extra for exclusive use. The party was from 4pm on a Sunday afternoon, the time they usually close. We had 20 kids, so it did not work out cheaply at all, but they all had a great time.

The play centre has large multi-level playzone, small car track with ride-on beetle cars, trampoline with net (small one), special area for under fives, separate party room, good seating arrangement for parents, including combination of tables and chairs, bar stools and comfy sofas.

The only thing I would have changed are that I would have preferred more control over the party food.

Also, she spent a lot of the time at the party moaning about the hours she was working and how parties made it worse! I could not believe this, particularly as she was making around £200 out of it.

Kbear Sat 23-Aug-08 22:34:02

check this out for ideas - imagine

mummy2go Sat 30-Aug-08 19:14:18

Thanks Ladies thats all superb!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now