Talk

Advanced search

Children's B-day Party - Do You feed The Grown Ups?!

(9 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Tue 19-Aug-08 16:16:53

Holding DS's 3rd b-day party on Sunday in a local park (weather permitting). It starts at 10am and 8 other children are invited. Food for them all sorted - individual packed lunches in paper lunch boxes etc etc but......do I provide food for the adults who'll be coming along with their kids?

Was thinking of doing some brunch type food - but got stuck for ideas after croissants, butter and jam? Or do I go down the whole sandwiches and nibbles road?

Would you bother?!!!

MamaG Tue 19-Aug-08 16:17:28

Don't bother.

pagwatch Tue 19-Aug-08 16:18:21

no no no
Don't encourage them. they'll only expect it every year.

pagwatch Tue 19-Aug-08 16:20:07

I make a huge jug of pimms, have fizz available and some water and juice for those driving. I know nearly everyone drives . So by the time an exhausted DD goes to bed i can feel obliged to not let the pimms and the fizz go to waste.
I love DDs birthday

Bumperlicious Tue 19-Aug-08 16:21:01

Maybe some fancy crisps and dip or something? Or blueberry muffins? Nothing major, just something to keep the munchies away.

threestars Thu 21-Aug-08 00:59:43

just coffee.

nappyaddict Thu 21-Aug-08 02:54:07

i would probably provide drinks but not food.

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Aug-08 02:56:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OllieWollieWoo Thu 21-Aug-08 08:28:38

Thanks for replies - have decided to make a load of muffins - for adults and kids. Know that several of the Dads who are coming will still be half asleep at 10am on a Sunday so feel that I should provide a little sugar boost!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now