Talk

Advanced search

4th birthday celebration

(5 Posts)
Kimmy1080 Mon 18-Aug-08 23:15:40

Hi - can anyone give me some ideas. My son will turn four end of September. We have a soft play party booked for him and 10 friends which is on a Sunday from 4pm to 6pm (on his actual birthday). Unfortunately, this was the only time they had available, which is okay by us.

However, we are stuck for what to do in the morning! That's a whole day before he celebrates with his friends. Once we've woken, we will be opening presents, having breakfast, getting dressed and would be ready to leave the house by 10am. So we have six hours to kill. Any suggestions?

We live in London, can travel but don't want to go more than an hour by car outside of London.

I should add that we also have a 2 year old daughter so something suitable for her too.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help.

Kimmy xx

Kimmy1080 Mon 18-Aug-08 23:18:55

Sorry, thought I would add that we would also be happy to stay at home if we had any great ideas on activities that would suit his special day. I should also add that my children nap for about 2 hours through the day so really, we won't have loads of time on our hands I guess.

Thanks again smile

ja9 Mon 18-Aug-08 23:28:17

what about baking wee cupcakes and having lots of messy fun decorating them?

in the past we have had lovely birthday mornings in a big fun swimming pool, and the zoo.

afraid i don't know london but is there a transport museum type place or what about a kids film at the cinema or a kids show?

Stinkyfeet Tue 19-Aug-08 01:10:08

Depending on which side of London you are, have you been to bekonscot? My boys are 5 and 2.5 and they adore it there. We spend about 3 - 4 hours there; time to wander around 2 or 3 times, a good play in the playground and a picnic lunch.

Kimmy1080 Tue 19-Aug-08 19:29:26

Thank you both so much (ja and sf). Cup cakes sound like a wonderfully messy idea! We've only done it once and they loved it.

I am completely sold on bekonscot - never even heard of it before (where have I been). I think this is a very likely option too.

Thanks again, I just knew someone would have some good ideas.

Kimmy xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now