Talk

Advanced search

High School Musical Party - would this idea work?

(10 Posts)
Moomin Sun 17-Aug-08 09:24:03

For dd1's 7th b'day in a couple of weeks - we didn't want a huge party and were going to have a day out but I can't think of anything suitable <pathetic emoticon>

and looking at some old threads here I wondered if this idea would work:
She loves HSM2 so I thought we could have a small film party at the school I teach at, as all the classrooms have big screens, speakers, etc. We could show HSM2 with the song words showing so they can join in; invite only about 8-10 kids and they can dress up, eat popcorn and have enough space to dance about during the film.

They could have instructions/props like they do at the singalong sound of music and rocky horror shows - like booing when Sharpay comes on or throwing confetti when Troy and Gabriella are together, etc (I don;t know - help me out here!)

and then at the end they can eat 'american' food like decorated cupcakes and ice cream, have a HSM2 party bag and then bugger off home. Would 8 be a good number - don't want it getting out of hand. We'd also be taking her and a friend for a meal that evening.

rubbish idea or could work? (if my school says it's ok!)

Moomin Sun 17-Aug-08 14:47:45

bump

JackieNo Sun 17-Aug-08 14:48:42

Sounds fab to me - my DD (8) would love it.

DrZeus Sun 17-Aug-08 15:35:27

In Woolies yesterday, I found a HSM2 CD Dance Party mix for £5.

here

MrsJamin Sun 17-Aug-08 15:42:36

That sounds amazing, can I come? blush Your DD is very lucky that you're going to do this for her!

eandh Sun 17-Aug-08 15:53:39

you can get hsm plates/bunting etc as well if you wanted it

dd1 (who is only 3.11) would love that party!!

tiggerlovestobounce Sun 17-Aug-08 16:01:24

That sounds great, my DD would love a party like this.

chatee Sun 17-Aug-08 16:03:42

bunting was reduced in argos
ps: this was what my dd (soon to be 8 )wants!

nappyaddict Sun 17-Aug-08 16:06:15

sounds fab

Moomin Sun 17-Aug-08 17:27:57

Hurrah!

Don't know why I didn't think of this before - minimum fuss and outlay all round <lazy cow>

Any ideas about other ways the kids can join in the film, e.g. shaking their pompoms at different parts, etc?

Even think I could do this the actual day of her birthday which is on a wednesday, so I could do it after school - 4.30 to 6.30 maybe? That way the caretaker won't have to open and close the rooms especially for me. Wonder if school will have a health and safety/insurance issue with kids that won't be from our school?

any other ideas for me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now