Talk

Advanced search

Any experience of Build-A-Bear parties?

(6 Posts)
Lowfat Fri 15-Aug-08 17:38:48

Thought this would be ideal followed by a pizza hut meal afterwards. DD is getting Guinea Pigs for birthday so dont want to spend loads or time, money and effort hiring hall, entertaining, feeding etc (plus she has parties like this for 2nd and 4th birthdays and they left me a wreck wink. So thought DD and 5 friends (and her little brother) allow £15 per child for a bear and t'shirt of other accessorie.

Will Build-a-bear do this or do I have to specify exactley which price bear and accessorie children can have.

Will go to Pizza Hut afterwards with a couple of helper mums and buy 3 huge pizzas and let all children have ice-cream factory afterwards!

DD wil be 5 by the way!

wotulookinat Fri 15-Aug-08 19:08:35

I've no experience of it, but it sounds fab! Can I come? grin

seb1 Fri 15-Aug-08 19:12:19

DD went to one and loved it, in fact we can non longer go to the shopping centre without going to the bear factory (or as the woman in front of me said "the rob me shop") grin

Waswondering Fri 15-Aug-08 19:16:00

Have been to one as a guest for a 4th (boy) party. It was lovely! The whole thing took about an hour - I have no idea of prices, but all children got a bear to take home that they loved all the way around the store!

Hope this helps!

newpup Fri 15-Aug-08 19:39:17

We had one for dd2 when she was 3 ( she is 6 now). It was The Bear Factory then but is the same thing

It was lovely, although we were allowed to have it straight after the store closed then, they do not do that now.

The staff were lovely, really sweet with the children and they all enjoyed it.
DD2's best friend had one last year and it was just as good although the store was open and it no longer includes a party bag for each child. All the children had a choice of 2 £10 bears ( a dog or a koala I think) and a tee-shirt each for their bear.

They all really loved it. Only downside was the shop was really busy and my friend found it very stressful trying to keep an eye on 10 children in a busy shop.

On the whole it was a good experience both having and going to a party there. smile

Lowfat Sat 16-Aug-08 14:29:20

Thanks everyone. Am probably goiny to try and bring price down to a choice of 2 £8 bears and a t'shirt. As have just had to payour for school uniform erk!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now