Talk

Advanced search

ideas needed for 4yo ds's birthday

(9 Posts)
mum2jakeyroo Wed 13-Aug-08 08:30:51

Ds1 will be 4 in September. I will be 37 weeks pregnant. Am trying to think of things to do. May also have to combine with ds2 as he is 2, 2 days after due date.

mum2jakeyroo Wed 13-Aug-08 09:36:03

any ideas welcome

mum2jakeyroo Wed 13-Aug-08 15:29:06

xx

RubyRioja Wed 13-Aug-08 15:34:17

Doing it at home~?
How many children can you cope with?
What budget?

mum2jakeyroo Wed 13-Aug-08 16:40:35

Was thinking of hiring community centre. probably about 20 kids ( got 3 dc of our own and 5 dn's and dn@s) - cheap as possible. Was thing of football etc for boys. maybe a creative table for girls. not sure. or traditional party games

Elk Wed 13-Aug-08 16:46:29

Dd's 4th birthday in a community centre
The hits were:
Bouncy castle
Bubble machine.
Craft table (boys and girls)

I find that using little boxes and filling them with the party lunch before hand makes the meal alot easier.

Clary Wed 13-Aug-08 16:46:31

TBH if I were 37 wks pg and had an almost 2yo the last thing I’d want to do is organise party games.

You could hire an entertainer and a hall, buy easy food or rope s/one in to help with cutting butties and keep it pretty simple. Clown etc costs £70-£100 round here for an hour-90mins; hall hire about £10/hour if that helps with yr budget.

So for 20 kids, say 90 min party, clown, food, out with a party bag, it could cost about £150-£170 depending on what kind of food you do and how much you spend on party bag bits.

Otherwise you could go for soft play route for real easiness (I’m not keen on them really but I think in yr situation anything goes) which would cost about £8-£10/child so £160-£200 plus a cake and sometimes party bags (some places do them).

Any help?

IMO 4yos are not fantastic at party games tho I have done game parties for 4yos (last year for DS2) but I was ready for it all to go tits up (and not about to give birth grin)

schneebly Wed 13-Aug-08 16:51:41

tbh I would do something like soft play - brewers fayre etc as I know that at 37 weeks pg I woud not want to have to organise all that stuff!

I just had the VIP party (more expensive option) at brewers fayre for DS1 (5) - there were 20 kids there and we got party hosts, games with prizes, soft play, face painting, balloon animals, hot food, juice, ice cream, cake, helium balloon each and party bags all for £160 totally worth the money as I had nothing to do! They even give you invitations and thank you notes.

mum2jakeyroo Wed 13-Aug-08 19:17:40

thank you all. You never it could help me go into labour. lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now