Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for romantic 'wedding reception' venues in the South East

(10 Posts)
Varanasi Mon 11-Aug-08 22:12:53

Hi..

I am seriously stuck -- mind is blank and need inspiration desperately!

I am looking for an inexpensive (ie not megabucks) elegant venue for hire in the South East (eg middlesex , bucks, herts, surrey, hants and berks)...

Ideally I am looking for a venue that I won't have to use inhouse caterers as I am planning on having a middle eastern buffet ie Lebanese style buffet.

Any suggestions of potential venues? Preferably ones that are warm, atmostpheric and romantic...

I realise that you can serach the web and find 1000's of suggesions but I am hoping for recommendations..

cheers

Varanasi

Califrau Mon 11-Aug-08 22:18:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sidge Mon 11-Aug-08 22:24:01

We had our wedding reception here

It was 11 years ago but it was lovely. Fantastic location and friendly service.

Varanasi Tue 12-Aug-08 10:07:42

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The Shoppenhangers Manor looked good but it appears it is part of the Holiday Inn complex now... ;-(

The other suggestion looks absolutely beautiful though I am possibly looking for a more low key venue ...ie may be a village hall with a bit of character to it I can do up. Problem is there are so many choices.

Califrau Tue 12-Aug-08 17:15:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

p1umpudding Wed 03-Sep-08 21:50:24

I got married at Leez Priory in Essex, which I know isn't in your preferred area, but it's very romantic!

mckenzie Wed 03-Sep-08 21:52:54

some friends of ours had their reception in a barn, complete with barn dance as the entertainment. It was one of the best wedding receptions I have ever been to. The food was done by the extended family, as were the decorations.

Ewe Wed 03-Sep-08 21:56:07

My friend got married at Losely Park and it was lovely. My Mum got married here and again a really nice venue, very pretty. Not sure about caterers for either though.

PortAndLemon Wed 03-Sep-08 22:11:58

You could hire the Bimble Inn if you could find somewhere to put it.

Or Lains Barn is good but in Wantage so just outside your target area.

Trying desperately to remember the name of the barn where some friends got married, which would probably be perfect (although not sure if they allowed outside caterers)

Ewe Wed 03-Sep-08 22:14:58

The Bear is a nice pub in Esher, think it's free to hire back reception room and you could make it look really nice. A friend had a big birthday party there recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now