Talk

Advanced search

Party ideas for a non girly girl

(12 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Sun 10-Aug-08 18:54:36

Dd2 will be 9 in Dec and I said last year that she could have a party.

She doesn't want - a disco or anything to do with dancing or make overs, anything that is just for girls or anything with magic shows etc.

She has mentioned trampolining and a lazer party which was her top fave, but i have just discovered that the local one has shut.

So, any other ideas ???

She wants something that will appeal to both boys and girls and preferably something that hasn't been done before.

We are in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham if that helps.

Quattrocento Sun 10-Aug-08 18:56:41

Go-karting? This was ours this year for our non-girly girl.

IllegallyBrunette Sun 10-Aug-08 18:59:52

We just looked at that but i think the nearest to us is a bit too far.

Good idea though.

myalias Sun 10-Aug-08 19:01:42

Swimming pool, skating or football party

gastronaught Sun 10-Aug-08 19:02:06

heh IB ds had a 'survival' party on friday [[ http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/2401/579956 link here]] would she like something like that.

gastronaught Sun 10-Aug-08 19:02:25

heh IB ds had a 'survival' party on friday link here would she like something like that.

scotlass Sun 10-Aug-08 19:02:45

My DD went to a girl classmates 8th birthday football party - was enjoyed by girls and boys alike. Or another idea is enjoy-a-ball, not sure if that's only in Scotland though.

gastronaught Sun 10-Aug-08 19:03:22

ach, I didn't see that her birthday is in Dec, its not a good idea to camp in Dec smile

IllegallyBrunette Sun 10-Aug-08 19:07:54

LOL, no, i'd end up with them all in the living room LOL.

I have just found somewhere that does football parties, so i'll suggest that one.

She wanted a party where someone teaches you to play basketball, because then she could of still had a HSM theme but it not be girly girly. No such thing though.

trefusis Sun 10-Aug-08 19:08:24

Message withdrawn

trefusis Sun 10-Aug-08 19:09:12

Message withdrawn

IllegallyBrunette Sun 10-Aug-08 19:10:38

Oh loads of suggestions there thanks.

I suggested crafty party as there is a place not too far away, but she wasn't keen.

That chocolate place sounds fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now