Talk

Advanced search

Going to be godmother!! Yay! Ideas for a special/unique/lovely gift????!

(5 Posts)
misspollysdolly Tue 05-Aug-08 23:30:38

Any ideas? Anyone?

Best friend from schooldays just asked me to be godmother (blub!) to her little boy (7 wks) and I'd like to get something lovely for him/them. All ideas welcome!

NorthernLurker Tue 05-Aug-08 23:32:04

First thing that comes to mind is a clock of some sort. useful and beautiful and will last him life long if you get a good one

Bowddee Tue 05-Aug-08 23:39:28

There's an Arts & Crafts thread, started by loopyredangel and there's a link to her website on it. Go there and click on the 'gifts' section. She does some lovely stuff.

Bendi Tue 05-Aug-08 23:55:01

A lovely friend got us a blanket from Mr Mole - try mrmolebalnkets, online. I'm not on commission, promise. It is a beatiful soft fleece & has his name & birthdate embroidered on it - I think they do Christening blankets. All I can tell you is that 3 years later it still lives in the back of the car for late night drives home or wet runs from the supermarket & is THE blanket. I've bought quite a few for friends.

Another lovely thing was a gooseberry bush & a big bottle of champagne delivered in a wooden crate - something for everyone. I think she got it from a gardening gift website. So the deal is, you ask the Godparents around to help plant the tree & then we all drink the Champagne - whats not to like & for years to come you can all turn your faces inside out trying to eat the damned berries.....

Hope you enjoy being a Godparent, whatever the gift. The best gift is just general brilliance, or they wouldn't have asked you.....

jura Wed 06-Aug-08 00:04:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now