Talk

Advanced search

Please can someone give me ideas on food and quanties for party

(7 Posts)
mumwhereareyou Tue 05-Aug-08 08:53:09

HI we are having a blessing for our three children in local church followed by party in local hall afterwards.

Due to costs we are doing the food and drink ourselves but have no idea what quanity or idea what to serve.

Ideally would like a finger buffet, there will be 35 adults and 20 children (age ranging from 8 mths to 10yrs).

Thought we might away with 6 cases of beer/ 15 botttles of wine/ 20 bottles of lemomade and squash for drinks. Most people not drinking as hall is not in our village.

There again could do jacket spuds and a filling with a salad but what else could we do and i don't really want to be stuck in the kitchen all day.

Am open to all suggestions and ideas.

TIA

Flier Tue 05-Aug-08 08:56:46

Sandwiches, savoury rice, sausage rolls, pizza slices, breaded chicken breast, salad. Cakes, Trifle?

mumwhereareyou Tue 05-Aug-08 19:22:32

shameless bump for the evening people

marcy08 Wed 06-Aug-08 18:46:27

Hi there,

I am a caterer, for children , a good idea is to do individual jellys,strawberries , dip strawberries in white chocolate leave to cool, kids love them, cocktail sausages without cocktail sticks and small cheese spread sandwiches without the crusts, then maybe rice crispie buns,quavers and individual fruit shoots,less spillage.

ilovemydog Wed 06-Aug-08 18:49:06

chocolate fountain!

marcy08 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:03:21

For Adults - ready made cold and just plate up

Asda - two boxes of ready cooked spicey chicken wings - 50 portions cost £5

Asda - Quiche various fillings, each quiche cut into 8 portions - cost 2 for £3

Asda - Ready made sausage rolls - about £1 for 12

Make some salad on a platter, put grapes in middle, then scatter mixed leaves, baby tomatoes, peppers, red onion, cucumber diced round sides of grapes.

Open and closed sandwiches, make fillings, ie egg mayo, cheese savoury, tuna crunch -tuna, mayo, spring onion , finely chopped peppers all colours, mix together yummy.

Buy ready sliced gammon not ham and serve on open bread cakes, small as possible or cut in half.

asdas coleslaw and potato salad are ok too

A few cheese cakes from iceland cut into portions then just put a jug of cream at the side, never buy too many sweets, in my experience people prefer savoury .

Tying to make things a little easier as its your childrens special day , have a fantastic day

Marcy x

mumwhereareyou Wed 06-Aug-08 20:31:41

Thank you for all your suggestions have been and booked a asda shop with those ideas.
sister has a chocolate fountain so will bring it with her.

Am so excited and looking forward to our big day.

Thank you again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now