Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know roughly how much it costs to hire a marquee? Or a really big tipi?

(10 Posts)
bohemianbint Mon 04-Aug-08 16:40:40

I should really be planning our wedding party type thing as it's in May next year (I suppose we could change the dates, but it's the only solid thing I'm working with at the mo!) but I'm about to have a baby and not getting too far.

Like the idea of a marquee in a field but can't seem to get anything resembling a ball-park figure on hiring one. Anyone got a clue about this kind of thing?

bohemianbint Tue 05-Aug-08 13:14:23

bump!

This really is a ball park figure, but our Scout Group hires out our 40' x 20' marquee for £250 for a weekend. It has no flooring, isn't a posh one with windows and has no lighting.

But at least it's a figure for you grin

bohemianbint Wed 06-Aug-08 12:55:43

biscuits - thanks for getting back to me! That sounds promising - I've been envisioning quotes of about £4k, which I'm sure you could pay. We won't be, but I guess people do...

Kimmy1080 Thu 07-Aug-08 14:38:18

Hi there

Just wondered what size you are looking for? We have one that my husband hires out. It's roughly 6m x 12m, if not bigger. It's all white, has windows, tie backs, in great condition. We are based in London but happy to travel further afield.

Dependent on distance, it's in the region of £500. This does not include flooring or anything else, just the marquee.

Good luck!

Kimmy

filthymindedvixen Thu 07-Aug-08 14:39:57

bohemiabint, whereabouts roughly in the country are you? I have northern friends who hire out proper boho tents/yurts/tips/circus big top!!

ajandjjmum Thu 07-Aug-08 14:40:59

I think your £4K might be closer, if you're looking at a full blown wedding marquee with all the trimmings.

bohemianbint Thu 07-Aug-08 16:34:42

We're in Manchester and the wedding will be somewhere outside of the city. Probably. Not that we have anything sorted out yet! I think we're looking at between 100-150 people coming, and filthymindedvixen - yurts, tipis; sounds like exactly what we're after!

filthymindedvixen Thu 07-Aug-08 16:40:28

do you know, I had a sneaky feeling...wink

have a look here

I have no idea on how much they charge and you won't probably get any response from emailing them straightaway as they are festies with their cafe during the summer months.

bohemianbint Thu 07-Aug-08 16:51:20

vixen - that bedouin tent looks amazing! And they know about handfastings, bloomin' brilliant! Cheers v much for the tip, will give them a shout and have a chat. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now