Talk

Advanced search

Looking for ideas for veggie party food

(11 Posts)
Flier Mon 04-Aug-08 10:55:32

I think we will have 2 veggie children at DS' party and am absolutely clueless as to what to feed them - Help!

Flier Mon 04-Aug-08 11:01:03

meant to add - children will all be around age of 5.

witchandchips Mon 04-Aug-08 11:02:32

what are you giving everybody else? Standard fare round us (age group 3ish) is
a) sandwiches (marmite, cheese, egg + ham)
b) humous and sticks of raw veg
c) crisps
d) sausages
e) fruit kebabs
f) cake, jelly + ice-cream

only thing you'd need to do is to have a few veggie sausages + label the sandwiches

ivykaty44 Mon 04-Aug-08 11:03:13

vegtables bites - similar to chicken nuggets
vegetarian sausages - only ever seen fully grown, never seen party size.
cheese sandwhiches, hummous and carrot sticks, marmite sandwhiches,

best to have a word with each mother and find out if they do like what you are going to feed them.

chopchopbusybusy Mon 04-Aug-08 11:03:28

Much of the usual party food really. Sandwiches - cheese, cheese spread, egg or jam - crisps, vegetables - carrot sticks, cucumber, cherry tomatoes - biscuits, cakes. You can get small vegetable or cheese roll type things. Cheese straws. Depends on the age, if they are young just point them in the direction of which sandwiches etc are vegetarian. Mini vegetable samosas usually go down quite well.

cardy Mon 04-Aug-08 11:09:22

pizza
garlic bread
falafels

Flier Mon 04-Aug-08 11:10:00

Thanks all plenty of ideas there for me.

Brain not working this week blush can't even get my head around what food to do for everyone else, let alone the vegetarians!
I just panicked when I realised this morning that we would have a couple of veggies at the party.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 04-Aug-08 11:10:34

Message withdrawn

Flier Mon 04-Aug-08 11:17:55

thank you cod grin

Arabica Mon 04-Aug-08 11:41:18

For DS' party savouries we did cheese and tomato pizza, veggie hot-dog sausages (Sainsburys, or Tival make cocktail-sized ones, you can buy them in Waitrose or Holland & Barrett if that's near you) hummus with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, bread sticks...
and of course lots of unhealthy crap as well!

Flier Mon 04-Aug-08 14:43:45

thanks arabica

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now