Talk

Advanced search

JUst HOW mentallist is my friend who has never organised a childrens party before but has invited...

(12 Posts)
Moomin Sat 02-Aug-08 20:46:51

37 - yes 37 children to her dd's 5th Birthday.

At home.

With me there to help.

<shudder>

HumphreyPillow Sat 02-Aug-08 20:48:14

baptism of fire - the only way to go!

it'll be a video and pizza for 2 close friends for dd's 6th bday. grin

DiscoDizzy Sat 02-Aug-08 20:48:28

grin

can't imagine she'll do it again.

More fool you for helping

grin again

cornsilk Sat 02-Aug-08 20:48:57

LOL!

objectivity Sat 02-Aug-08 20:49:57

We had about that many to DD's 6th Birthday. Had several extra pairs of hands but it was a fab 3 hour cocktail party.

Moomin Sat 02-Aug-08 20:50:08

I can't help it. I'll be trapped there on my hols! she lives near the beach and we're going there to stay for a nearly a week so I'm involved by default.

lizziemun Sat 02-Aug-08 20:51:20

can i suggest headache tablets before the 37 children arrive grin.

Moomin Sat 02-Aug-08 20:52:54

we'll be on valium, let alone the headache tablets!! Think I'll just have a few glasses of something and throw myself into it.

At least pass the parcel will last a good hour or so!!

bluewolf Sat 02-Aug-08 20:55:20

Moomin - if you can herd them all down to the beach that will save a lot of stress - apart from head-counting who's drowned etc.

WendyWeber Sat 02-Aug-08 21:14:27

Well we had a lot (maybe not quite as many as 37) at DS2's 6th birthday, & that was in the house, & it's not a particularly big house.

Back room was cleared of furniture, so we had all games there, party tea was a picnic on the floor, & I had 2 DDs aged 14 & 17 helping as well as me & DH. We survived. (Recommend lots of games of Dead Lions grin)

bonkerz Sat 02-Aug-08 21:17:20

remember musical stand ups is better than musical bumps! (stand up when music stops!) Also do 2 smaller pass parcels and 2 circles as they wont keep attention for long! Have a colouring table available for the kids who are out of games early, maybe they can make placemats to eat food off of or decorate their own paper plates?

Moomin Sun 03-Aug-08 22:54:39

Good plan, bonkerz.

I had a text from her yesterday which said: "Good news - 1 of the children can't come so we're down to only 36 now"

lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now