Talk

Advanced search

Rain predicted for my wedding bbq tomorrow, positive stories needed

(17 Posts)
myermay Fri 01-Aug-08 08:36:58

Ok i'm painicing, we got married 2 weeks ago abroad and tomorrow is my wedding bbq in our back garden. Forecast is pretty shit really. My house is smallish so where are 40 odd people going to go??? we have got about 5 gazebos - and big one suppossed to arrive today. Don't you just love the british summer?

Anyone been to an garden party when weather was crap? please calm me down

RubySlippers Fri 01-Aug-08 08:38:27

Gazebos are great

i have been to rainy parties and they are fab!

your guests will giggle about it and you will have to BBQ under a golf umbrella but it will be fine

congrats on your wedding

Lomond Fri 01-Aug-08 08:39:30

Don't worry, everyone will have fun anyway! I suppose this is the risk you take in Britain. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Oh and Congratulations!! grin

myermay Fri 01-Aug-08 08:49:32

thank you. we do seem to have plenty of cover, just worried it's all going to blow away and leak! thank goodness my wedding day was beautiful weather

LilRedWG Fri 01-Aug-08 08:51:10

Congratulations!

Don't worry - it'll be fine. You will all eat, drink and be merry.

orangehead Fri 01-Aug-08 09:00:32

Just like to say, I got married in january it was forecast as a miserable rainy day. It was actually a lovely bright day for january, we didnt did the umberallas we had hired and I was actually quite warm in the park having photos done. It did however rain about 9pm but we were all inside for reception. So you never know, cant always trust the forecasts. Hope you have a lovely day.

janmoomoo Fri 01-Aug-08 12:58:48

I got married abroad and had a big garden party afterwards like you last August. The weather was crap! Grey and drizzley. It is disappointing but everyone knows what british weather is like and will get on with it.

We had a fantastic day even though everyone had to shelter under umbrellas a couple of times. All our guests were well fed and all got completely smashed and it finished at four in the morning. Lots of people still talk about our party but not one single person mentions that the weather was bad. If you have got a good group of mates who are happy for you and up for having a good time it will be fantastic.

Hope you have a great day (and congrats on the wedding)

newpup Fri 01-Aug-08 13:23:57

Do not worry. It rained buckets on my wedding day 10 years ago and having stressed for weeks over it I did not give a hoot on the day! There was a huge storm at the evening reception which was much more interesting than any fireworks. No one has ever said 'oh your wedding photos were taken inside.' I was a little upset 3 months later when it was a beautiful day for my sil's wedding, she was very smug about it! However, at the risk of sounding a little mean. We are happily married 10 years on and she and bil are contemplating a separation. It is the celebration not the weather that you will enjoy. I wish you many years of happiness together {smile]

newpup Fri 01-Aug-08 13:25:06

sorry wrong brackets not{smile] butsmile

myermay Fri 01-Aug-08 14:02:33

thank you all - i know you're right i will have a fab time. We have party tents so no problems really. that's what you get for having a garden party in England, you can never predict the weather!

Janmoomoo, where did you get married then?

edam Fri 01-Aug-08 14:12:12

Oooh, congratulations! Hope the sun shines for you. And even if not, you will STILL have a great time. Pissed down all day on my wedding (midsummer's day, ho ho) and it was still wonderful.

lumpsdumps Fri 01-Aug-08 18:06:07

It was supposed to be rubbish weather on both our wedding day and the bbq that we held the week later. We had fab weather on both days, may the sun shine on you tomorrow. Congrats on your marriage!

janmoomoo Fri 01-Aug-08 18:14:02

We got married in Tuscany, near Florence. It was fantastic. I think you are doing things a great way because at your party you can really let your hair down and relax with your family and mates and dont have to worry about formalities now thats over! Also lots of people who get married abroad say they will have a party when they get back and never do.

So you are married, hopefully you had a fantastic wedding, and now you are having a fab party and the weather dont matter!!! There is nothing you can do about it anyway.

mogs0 Sun 03-Aug-08 17:52:30

How was the weather? I went to a friends bbq yesterday. Was due to start at 3 and the pouring rain stopped about 2.30 and the sun shone for the rest of the day!!! Hope it was the same for you!!

posieflump Sun 03-Aug-08 17:54:48

hope it went okay, congratulations smile

myermay Mon 04-Aug-08 11:55:26

Yes it was perfect weather - sun shone and it was dry, phew!

janmoomoo Mon 04-Aug-08 13:51:36

hurray!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now