Talk

Advanced search

Party games/party ideas for a bunch of 6 year old girls please!

(5 Posts)
Snowstorm Sun 20-Jul-08 21:36:42

Banking on around 20 6 year old girls in our house at the end of September (gulp). If anyone has any good ideas for games/girly activities, then it would be brilliant to hear from you.

TIA

Littlefish Sun 20-Jul-08 22:02:47

Not a very girly game, but a very funny one.

Sit them all in a circle. Put a bar of chocolate, knife & fork, pair of large rubber or gardening gloves, welly boots, a hat, scarf and jumper in the middle.

Each child takes it in turns to roll a dice. If they roll a six, they run to the middle of the circle, put on all the clothes and eat as much of the chocolate as they can using the knife and fork.

While they're doing this, the others continue to pass the dice around. As soon as the next person rolls a six, they replace the person in the middle.

Hilarious game - make the clothes as big as you can, particularly the gloves.

Snowstorm Mon 21-Jul-08 12:29:44

Hi Littlefish, thanks for this - are five and six year old's up for this game (DD1 will be 6 but most of her class will still be 5)? I have vague recollections of doing it from when I was young ... very, very vague though!

Littlefish Mon 21-Jul-08 14:45:07

I would think so. If you think it's too difficult for them to cut up the chocolate with the knife and fork, they could just try and pick up sqares with their fingers in the big gloves.

(or were you thinking it was too babyish for them?)

Pin the hat on the princess?
Pottery painting party?
T shirt painting?
Musical bumps etc.

Snowstorm Mon 21-Jul-08 17:43:51

I was thinking that my DD's (currently 4 and 5) are a bit rubbish/frankly still at the ungainly and quite dangerous stage of mastering knives and forks ... and could imagine chocolate pinging all over the place!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now