Talk

Advanced search

how much would it bother you if there was no alcohol at a kids party?

(17 Posts)
stitch Tue 15-Jul-08 21:22:57

i mean a family party, where every one is invited. all th e adults, so that actually the adults outnumber the kids .

notjustmom Tue 15-Jul-08 21:25:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OverMyDeadBody Tue 15-Jul-08 21:27:42

Well if it's a family party and the adults outnumber the kids then it isn't really a kids party is it? So it wouldn't bother me if alcohol was there.

Plenty of the garden parties I go to in the summer that other parents I know host involve plenty of Pimms! It makes all the hyper kids running around much more bearable!grin

babytime Tue 15-Jul-08 21:27:45

Kids party then I would not expect alcohol, are you going to tell people not to bring any?

If its family then some of the, may bring a bottle of wine.

babytime Tue 15-Jul-08 21:27:47

Kids party then I would not expect alcohol, are you going to tell people not to bring any?

If its family then some of the, may bring a bottle of wine.

IdrisTheDragon Tue 15-Jul-08 21:29:22

I wouldn't expect alcohol but would be fine with there being some.

madcol Tue 15-Jul-08 21:29:55

Daytime party- I would never expect alcohol and would be a little surprised if there were some esp. if young children and/or people driving

LoveMyGirls Tue 15-Jul-08 21:34:16

Depends what sort of party, if it's at someones house I wouldn't be suprised if there was alcohol if at a soft play type place obviously no alcohol.
I had dd1's 5th birthday at a social club (she was mad on disco's) and there was a bar I didn't notice if anyone ordered anything alcoholic but wouldn't have minded if they had, wouldn't have been very impressed if anyone had got drunk though but one or two is ok imo (if not driving).

stitch Tue 15-Jul-08 21:42:47

thank you all. you have made me feel much better.
we dont drink alcohol at home, and usually only do family parties at home, so never any alcohol, (asian) but doing a kids party with all my friends from school, who have known me to have a drink. so they may see it as hypocritical for not having any at home.
there will be lots andlots of food. party games, and prizes. so hopefully no one will go away thinking it was a waste of an afternoon

kiwibella Tue 15-Jul-08 21:43:14

does your family normally serve alcohol at these gatherings? If you don't want it, don't provide it grin.

cheesesarnie Tue 15-Jul-08 21:49:18

id find it odd if there was some tbh.

stitch Tue 15-Jul-08 22:00:27

no, we never ever serve alcohol. but someone said that someone or the others dp would mind
i just wanted the mn consensus. as i really really dont think it is the right thing for me to do

cheesesarnie Tue 15-Jul-08 22:04:13

if they make a fuss just point out its a childrens party!

Tommy Tue 15-Jul-08 22:08:03

depends on the family!

my family always have wine on hand whatever the party is although I wouldn't necessarily expect it at anyone else's

StealthPolarBear Tue 15-Jul-08 22:15:54

I would never go to anyone else's house and make a fuss if there's no alcohol.
Extremely rude/ bordering on alcoholism

stitch Tue 15-Jul-08 22:17:55

i wouldnt make a fuss either. but i just wanted to knnow, as the host, i want everyone to have agood time, but this is not something i am willing to bend to. iyswim.

nkf Tue 15-Jul-08 22:18:19

What sort of party? How grown up will it be? If it's sitting on the floor with jelly in your hair, then alcohol would be weird. But if it's a garden party with kids romping aound and adults chatting, I would probably serve some wine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now