Talk

Advanced search

Baby Shower

(9 Posts)
ihatebikerides Mon 14-Jul-08 11:06:51

An American import, I know, but have been elbowed into hosting one next week. How? What? All suggestions welcome, please.

RubyRioja Mon 14-Jul-08 11:08:51

We held one for my friendm it was lovely.
Involve the Grandmas
Make a nappy cake (pic on my profile)
We also made 'baby bingo' cards and the children won prizes

nametaken Mon 14-Jul-08 17:04:42

Hi, I've copied something I wrote in a thread a couple of weeks ago

When I threw a baby shower for my friend at my house I brought a packet of nappies, melted various chocolate bars, for example, a crunchie, a mars bars, a dairy milk, a snickers, etc etc and poured one melted bar of chocolate into each nappy.

Guests then had to hold the nappy up to their face, taste the chocolate and guess which chocolate it was. grin

If you google baby shower you'll find loads of websites with lots of good ideas on them.

ihatebikerides Mon 14-Jul-08 20:57:34

Thanks. Will do.

kiwibella Tue 15-Jul-08 22:01:40

I had a baby shower at a restaurant and loved it... my sister had printed up a little verse which was waiting at everyone's place along with a bootie filled with sweets. We had two games organised... the first wasa fill-in-the-blanks with lines from popular children's books / nursery rhymes. The second involved a bit more effort and we had several baby photos. These piccies were amongst the guests and everyone had to guess who it was.

I agree tho, there are loads of ideas on google.

Off to look for that verse now wink.

kiwibella Tue 15-Jul-08 22:12:01

Welcome to Mummy's party!

I'm really glad that you could come
to help celebrate with my mother.
Sit down, relax, enjoy yourselves
and chat with one another.

Sorry I can't be there with you
to share in Mummy's shower.
But as you can see I'm very busy
cause I'm growing more each hour.

Though I'm not here to thank you
for the special gift you brought
my familiy and I are very grateful
and we appreciate the thought.

I'll be arriving shortly
I'm as happy as can be.
So after I've been home awhile
please come and visit me!

(and it was signed from the new baby which still brings a tear to my eye).

kiwibella Tue 15-Jul-08 22:15:43

one more thing... oh, I'm on a roll grin This verse is now at the front of my baby book - which was a gift from all my friends who were there and who couldn't make it. My sister had put out an email to everyone asking for their predictions (sex, weight, date) and advice and collated all the replies in an album. It was a nice way to include those who can't make it... and those who weren't organised wrote messages in the book on the night.

If you want copies of what I had prepared, please send me an email to kiwikidonboard at yahoo and I'm more than happy to send on.

branflake81 Thu 17-Jul-08 14:23:18

oh dear god...

OverMyDeadBody Thu 17-Jul-08 14:24:59

my sentiments exactly branflake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now