Talk

Advanced search

DD would like a pirate party would your dd happily dress up as a pirate?

(61 Posts)
chocolatespiders Tue 08-Jul-08 17:55:33

this will be for dd 5th birthday party

not sure if i should have pirates and .......

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 08-Jul-08 17:56:34

ds1 had a pirate party and had 4 girls attend who happily dressed up as pirates and played most enthusiastically all the pirate games. (4th birthay)

clayre Tue 08-Jul-08 17:57:54

my dd age 5 happily dressed up as a pirate for a wee boys pirate party from her nurery

DarrellRivers Tue 08-Jul-08 17:58:12

I would love DD to dress up as a pirate (5)
She is opposed to trousers full stop , and won't even wear PJs now, so she wouldn't dress up as a pirate [sigh]

downbutnotout Tue 08-Jul-08 17:59:39

My dd would love to - there will prob be some girly girls who don't want to but you could make it pirates and princesses so they can choose.

serenity Tue 08-Jul-08 17:59:56

DD has dressed up as a Pirate Princess (DS2s old Pirate outfit plus additional bling) for every party and mufti day for the last year (her own choice I should add) She's 4.5 atm.

Go for it grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 08-Jul-08 18:00:25

Have been to a pirates and princesses party, was a bit naff, the girls all wanted to charge around with the cutlasses shouting Aaaarrrr, but the parents were fretting about the girls ripping their party frocks

neolara Tue 08-Jul-08 18:00:40

Ooo, my DD is having a pirate party this weekend for her 4th birthday. I haven't given it any thought at all, other than thinking about how to make a pirate ship cake. What games did you / are you planning to play? Any other pirate tips or inspiration you could pass on?

chocolatespiders Tue 08-Jul-08 18:01:17

so do you all think i should just put please come to dd's pirate party?

chocolatespiders Tue 08-Jul-08 18:02:26

neolara- havent thought about ga,es etc yet...... treasure hunt?

just booked hall today...

Fennel Tue 08-Jul-08 18:03:33

Definitely. My dd1 (8) and dd2 (6) love pirates and pirate parties. dd1 spends a lot of time dressed as a pirate. dd3 (4) is my pinkest girl and she happily goes to pirate parties too.

my older two actively dislike girly pink princessy type parties. They sulked at one party where the girls were supposed to make tutus and the boys decorated "surfboards".

TsarChasm Tue 08-Jul-08 18:04:26

Ooh yes no problem. They have many times been very happy pirates.

Fennel Tue 08-Jul-08 18:05:12

You can bring in the girl pirate theme - Pirates Nancy and Peggy, the Amazon girls, that sort of thing. and there are famous women pirates, my teenage neices all like pirates too so they have books about them (they all fancy Johnny Depp).

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 08-Jul-08 18:06:16

Any good at painting ?

Plant the flag on the 'X marks the spot' on the Treasure Map - pin the tail on the donkey in other words.

Age your map with cold tea dribbles

madamez Tue 08-Jul-08 18:13:47

Oh, make it Pirates! For tragic gender-obsessive parents there are surely Keira-Knightly-Pirate outfits from the Pirates of the Carribbean range.

(I am determined to have an utterly gender-non-specific party for DS, no pink, no blue...)

janeite Tue 08-Jul-08 18:16:38

We did a Pirate party for dd2, I think it was her 7th. It was fab; all girls, all pirates, all be-whiskered and cutlassed to the nines.

Snowstorm Wed 09-Jul-08 14:38:32

DD2 (4) would love it - girl pirate out or a boys one. DD1 would go with it but would probably like a girl pirate outfit! They'd both like the sword aspect!!

PrettyCandles Wed 09-Jul-08 14:41:45

Absolutely would. At worst, if she was feeling particularly feminine, she might dress up as a pirate princess - ie a pirate in a skirt - and might insist on being 'rescued' by the pirate prince.

Besides, even if they turn up in the 'wrong' fancy dress it doesn't really matter at tis age. They join in and have fun anyway. Who says Cinderella can't go to the Pirate Ball?

Romy7 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:42:15

dd2 is going to a pirate party on saturday.
i have tragically matching pirate outfits for dd1 (8) ds1(6) and dd2 (4) and they all love to wear them and charge around the garden shouting and waving sticks.
did anyone see that bizarre american wife-swap with the pirate family? that's NOT me.

piratecat Wed 09-Jul-08 14:43:02

is the pope catholic grin

wessexgirl Wed 09-Jul-08 14:43:29

My dd1 is nearly five and she has a pirate costume which she loves to wear. She likes leaping around the house shouting 'Land ahoy, me hearties!' and so does her sister.

I think this would go down well with this age group.

tortoiseSHELL Wed 09-Jul-08 14:43:40

DS1 just had a pirate party, and plenty of girls (from age 4 (DD) to 7) came as pirates. THey loved it.

I got a Pirates of the Caribbean bouncy castle for the day, and they all made treasure maps on parchment (paper soaked in tea), which the girls particularly liked!

One girl had a face painted beard!

piratecat Wed 09-Jul-08 14:44:08

she has jack sparrow outfit, the works.

also had a powers ranges birthday cake this year for her 6th hmm

S1ur Wed 09-Jul-08 14:49:13

yy Pirates ace, my dd loves pirates and went as a pirate to party last halloween, do you want to see a pic? will put on profile.

Games, treasure hunting, making (decorating) treasure chests - which they can they fill will treasure to take away instead of party bags. Making priate hats, sitck the hat on the pirate (a la donkey)

Cake loads out there with quick google

I would go two sponges layered and carved to shaped, smothered in choc icing (maybe butter icing) and choc button/smarties for portholes and choc fingers for mast and gold coins etc. Then put a couple of play mobilke pirates or whatever on top.

Fennel Wed 09-Jul-08 15:11:06

Or you can dilute the pirate theme into a Peter Pan theme and the girly ones can come as mermaids or Tinkerbelle or Wendy or Tigerlily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now