Talk

Advanced search

Brides to be - come talk weddings here

(1001 Posts)
TillyScoutsmum Mon 30-Jun-08 17:52:47

Right - have moved out of chat so we can share pics later on ... Old thread here

Current list

DifferentID - got married Saturday - hope you had a fab day - come back and tell us all about it and show us some pics. Please

Teaofortwo - this week (4th/5th ??)
Smallships - 11th July
Babyinacorner - 11th July
Beautifuldays - 24th July

Dropdeadfred - 9th August
Oopsadaisy - 30th August

Ilovefoxes - 13th Sept
Smurfgirl - Oct

Fifisworld - 7th November
Tillyscoutsmum - 29th November

Lizzer - ? 2009
Swiftyknickers - May 09
Lovemygirls - Sept 09

stillovefoxes Mon 30-Jun-08 17:57:26

The start of another brilliant thread - well done for organising us TSM! smile

SmallShips Mon 30-Jun-08 18:42:55

Oooow good thinking TSM!

Ive just burnt my CD for the ceremony, but who is actualy in charge of changing, stopping, starting songs! Is it them or do i need to nominate someone?

stillovefoxes Mon 30-Jun-08 19:01:06

I think its them smallships

SmallShips Mon 30-Jun-08 19:05:07

oh good, one less thing to worry about, thanks SLF.

stillovefoxes Mon 30-Jun-08 19:07:25

Have you found a new hair style yet SS?

SmallShips Mon 30-Jun-08 19:10:09

nope, im still toying with the idea of loose curls, but my hair is so thin, i think they would fall out in 5 mins.

stillovefoxes Mon 30-Jun-08 19:23:01

I might try curls, I've never tried them before so might be a bit hit and miss!

Your going to have experiment with curls and see what happens, fingers crossed!

LucyJones Mon 30-Jun-08 19:25:45

was my thread here at all helpful?!!

stillovefoxes Mon 30-Jun-08 19:30:03

It certainly proves Cod's point, she's been telling me no one will notice the music during the ceremony!

SmallShips Mon 30-Jun-08 19:46:35

yes it does, i was about to shell out on a big buffet for the evening guests. Im going to scale it down now. Thank you.

I dont think the music is for the benefit of the guests, wont it be nice in 10 years time to hear one of the songs you played on your big day on the radio.

I attempted doing curls with my GHDs, a hairdresser i am not lol!! I looked like i'd been dragged through a hedge.

Simbaline Mon 30-Jun-08 19:54:05

Ooo! How exciting! Can I join? Getting married on 1st of Aug, all planning a bit last minute, florist has just let me down so have to find another and dress won't be in the shop until 10 days before the big day and it has to be altered to fit! Slight panic setting in now even though I promised myself I wouldn't stress!

Anu advice on what to do with children in the evening? My SIL to be has pretty much said she will turn up for the ceremony with her 14 month old but not stay for anything else because she doesn't know what to do with him in the evening. Would love them to stay but she seems very set on the idea now.

stillovefoxes Mon 30-Jun-08 20:01:06

Congratulaions Sim!
I'm getting married in September and have nothing planned except for booking the registry office!

Are you having a big do? White dress? cake? Hairstyle? (get ready to pinch ideas smallships!)
We like all the details on here!

SmallShips Mon 30-Jun-08 20:04:03

Hi Simbaline, nightmare with the flowers and dress!

At a wedding i went too not long back, they put their son in a baby walker and let him run riot around the dance floor, was very cute, but 14 months is passed all that i suppose.

Sorry i dont really know what to suggest!

SmallShips Mon 30-Jun-08 20:05:24

LOL SLF

Sim - standing by too steal you hair ideas grin

TillyScoutsmum Mon 30-Jun-08 20:07:11

Welcome sim - yes lots of details please (including dress pics if possible smile)

We've booked a babysitter for the evening - we're putting the girls to bed at 7.30 ish and then the babysitter will be in the next room with the baby monitors. Not sure whether its something that could work for your SIL ? The babysitter is one of the nursery nurses from dsd's nursery

TillyScoutsmum Mon 30-Jun-08 20:09:51

Oh - and check this website out

here

Lots of hair ideas and other stuff

Simbaline Mon 30-Jun-08 20:10:55

Dress is a bit pride and predjudice looking really - it's from Pronuptia, fairly straight down with lots of beading and a sort of buily in lace bolero thing! I'd put the picture on but I don't think it looks very nice and (hopefully) will look much better on!

Hair - not sure. Am having a trial at the hairdressers on thurs. The bridal dress shop tried a comb with feathers and crystals on which I was horrified by when I first saw it but actually loved when they put it in. Unfortunately it was £60!! Anyone seen anything similar for a lot lot less?

TillyScoutsmum Mon 30-Jun-08 20:11:28

My hair is bobbed - am growing it a bit longer and hoping to go for something like this but with something sparkly instead of the flowers

SmallShips Mon 30-Jun-08 20:11:53

My parents are taking our 2 back to theirs, im taking their double buggy, so DD 5months has somewhere to sit/sleep and so DS 2 years, can sit when he gets over excited. One night out of routine wont hurt them. (famous last words)

SmallShips Mon 30-Jun-08 20:13:10

Fab hair TSM. Thanks for the link.

Simbaline Mon 30-Jun-08 20:16:13

Love those hair ideas Tilly - will be printing off a few of those for thursday. Any good ideas for cheap table decorations? Theme is cream, green & gold. Flowers will be cream, not sure what yet. The carpet in the venue is green with gold fleur de lys and the chairs are gold with green padding so have decided to go with it rather than trying to cover everything up. Bridesmaids dresses will be gold I think although haven't got those yet either!

Stillovefoxes - feel better now, at least I'm not the only one!

Simbaline Mon 30-Jun-08 20:17:26

Tilly - that hair looks fantastic - might have my hair cut!

TillyScoutsmum Mon 30-Jun-08 20:19:55

Sim- have a look at the website for flowers/table decs etc... I would go too mad with table decs - shallow glass bowls with gerbera heads (or similar) look lovely and are reasonable

TillyScoutsmum Mon 30-Jun-08 20:20:27

wouldn't go too mad - obviously smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.