Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got any ideas for garden party games?

(10 Posts)
katiekkrruunncchh Mon 26-May-08 20:47:03

Its going to be my 40th Birthday next month, and I have decided to have a garden party (weather permitting) that starts late afternoon and then goes into the evening. (the idea being that families come in the afternoon and go home early evening and leave just adults more for the evening.

Have had some thoughts of what could entertain children, wanted some little side shows almost like a fete, but ones that sort of ran themselves.

These are the ideas so far:-

Hook a duck

Bat and Trap

Tombola

Name the Teddy

Decorate a plate

Fill a page in a memory book

Knock a can over

Guess how many sweets in a jar

Can anyone think of anymore games that are simple to set up and easy to maintain.

Thanks

littlelapin Mon 26-May-08 20:48:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Mon 26-May-08 20:49:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mankymummy Mon 26-May-08 20:50:01

hide the wool. this is VERY old fashioned, my mum used to do it.

basically you cut up bits of wool into 1 inch pieces and hide them around the garden for the kids to find.

the one with the most gets the prize.

good thing is it can take them AGES to find them. and you can do five different coloured ones that also get a prize.

god im soooooo boring ! wink

katiekkrruunncchh Mon 26-May-08 20:52:43

Thank you.

Like the idea with the wool, I normally do it with pegs but they are so big and obvious!

Have just had a look at that link LL, some really good ideas.grin

katiekkrruunncchh Mon 26-May-08 20:55:22

I like Guess the Bears birthday!

Hoopla

Lucky dip

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 26-May-08 21:15:13

How many children and what age range?
We did something similar for dh's 40th, but kept the games simpler than you seem to be looking at. Are you sure that these will run themselves - they sound like a lot of work to me?

We had quoits and giant jenga (which the drunken adults played well into the night too!), and the younger kids were delighted to sit and watch Finding Nemo together on the then new big flat screen TV!

katiekkrruunncchh Mon 26-May-08 21:24:23

Probably about 25 children over the course of the afternoon. Youngest one is 4, eldest one apart from my own is 10. Mainly girls.

katiekkrruunncchh Mon 26-May-08 21:26:38

Have just had a thought, wonder if the sch would lend me their giant connect 4!hmm

sue12345 Fri 19-Nov-10 11:34:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now