Talk

Advanced search

party entertainer

(21 Posts)
ejs Wed 05-Jan-05 13:27:38

Help! i'm planning my 5yr old son's party, as he's just started a new school he's not sure who his friends are yet so we have decided to be bold and invite the lot (25 x 5yr olds!). So i'm thinking of getting an entertainer to help me out. Can anyone recommend either a power ranger (don't know if our house can handle 25 mini power rangers) or magician (i'm working on convincing him towards this sloghtly calmer option) for west london mid jan.....? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 13:28:13

ahem... location?!!

gingernut Wed 05-Jan-05 13:34:59

ahem coddy...ejs says west london!!

But sorry, can't help (know of a magician in Aylesbury, but that's a bit far I suppose).

Iloveromance Wed 05-Jan-05 13:37:01

Message withdrawn

GreatBigFatHeiferEnid Wed 05-Jan-05 13:39:21

ooh where in somerset, who is he?

beachyhead Wed 05-Jan-05 13:39:50

Malcolm the Magician - based in Bognor Regis but will travel and is utter fabbbbbb...... Number is 01243 868084. Get all the parents to watch to as there are a lot of 'over the heads' comments aimed at the adults. Had us all in stitches - had a real rabbit..... He came up to Blackheath and does other central london stuff to. We had him for my dd 7th birthday.

Iloveromance Wed 05-Jan-05 13:51:39

Message withdrawn

Iloveromance Wed 05-Jan-05 13:52:10

Message withdrawn

ejs Wed 05-Jan-05 13:52:38

great thanks i'll give him a try

GreatBigFatHeiferEnid Wed 05-Jan-05 13:53:12

thought it was a he as I know a 'he' who lives near you who does that stuff and thought it might be the same one

Iloveromance Wed 05-Jan-05 13:55:57

Message withdrawn

ejs Wed 05-Jan-05 13:56:09

all booked up , any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated......

OliJosh Tue 25-Jan-05 16:48:48

I'm also looking for an entertainer for a 5 year olds birthday in April - someone energetic, funny and able to keep 30 5 years olds entertained! And I'm also in West London (near Richmond).

I can recommend someone we've used in the past ( have used her twice don't want to use again) who was great. Her name is Lisa the Disco Diva (07778122277). She does magic, dancing, dressing up, balloons, has a bubble machine, a disco etc. and was fab for a 4years party last year. She was also great with boys. Her parties are very energetic.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 25-Jan-05 17:44:47

Am not trying to hijack thread at all but i have the same issue. Am in Southampton though. 5 years old birthday - about 15 - 20 little tykes in total. Have called a couple from yellow pages - one quoted £85 for an hour - dont know if reasonable. HE sounded pretty good but this is first time done this. Am worreid that will be stictched up and ds wont enjoy. As anyone got any recommendations? Sorry ejs if I have hijacked, am happy to start new thread.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 25-Jan-05 17:45:38

Oh, and this will be the first birthday party i have organised for him so i really want it to be a special day, but am a student on a relatively low budget.

beachyhead Tue 25-Jan-05 17:48:40

another hijack here again - I know I recommended Malcolm further down - and he is truly fab - but I wanted some new ideas for boys 4th coming up (as we only had malcolm last year)....... any ideas in SE London

Twiglett Tue 25-Jan-05 18:05:24

Can I just suggest that you hire a hall somewhere to hold the party .

church halls tend to be pretty good

or local sports centres, community centres or amusement centres ... soft plays?

anything but having 25 x 5 year olds in your house .. your ear-drums will perforate, you won't see any of the party or your child, and you'll have at least 3 pieces of furniture ruined

jollymum Tue 25-Jan-05 18:20:57

If you're on a low budget, get some friends and do a traditional party. So many kids these days do McDonalds, etc etc etc and just accept it. It's hard work, but fun. Pick a theme, or just do general Fancy Dress. (all the mums will hate you!()
Do party games, running around games, pass the parcel, musical bumps and most of all, have a magic whistle! When that whistle blows, everyone standing still or sitting down gets a sweet. If you're running around and being a pain, try again....works every time. If you have one little wotsit, and there's always one, collar them and ask for help doing something, like plates, balloons etc. Loads of people to help is the key, to rugby tackle little people and keep things going. TIP-Confiscate ALL guns, swords etc when they come in, or someone will lose any eye. Put name stickers on them so there's no arguing. Musical balloons, bubbles, pop them and sit down first, last one standing is out etc etc. I did one for one of mine and the mums were amazed that I didn't have an entertainer. I have had puppet shows, especially one who has done loads for me, but littlies are still happy, IMO, with trad parties. We had a wall of paper when they came in, handed them a pen each and asked them to draw a picture of themselves and write their name underneath. Still have it for oldest one and he's nearly 15. Got it in his treasure box and he still sees those kids now. We did brown paper party bags, no junk, just a bar of choc and party cake. All our other kids wrote the special names on and decorated them with stickers etc. Party child was very proud of "his" home made bags!. HTH.XXXX

MamaMaiasaura Tue 25-Jan-05 22:10:30

Jollymum, that sounds fantastic (and very organised). I have a fairly small 3 bed end of terrace and was thinking 15 little ones would be a good number. Was planning on the pass the parcel and musical statues. Esp like the whistle idea. Ds has actually asked for his birthday party to be at home with me and his friends come over. Just a wee bit daunted. Thanks though and sorry for hijacking thread.. It is so darn cold down here btw!

KBear Tue 25-Jan-05 22:13:17

I always do parties that involve some form of making and doing rather than running riot. Even for the littlies. A bit of sticking and colouring always calms it down after a few party games.

Speak to me again after DD's party next week. Will be crumpled in heap drinking wine from the bottle and mumbling incoherently about Agadoo and the Ketchup Song.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 25-Jan-05 22:21:23

Wine sounds good Ds party to be scheduled for 12 Feb.. Dp may be in Japan again as well so it will be little old me trying to sort it out.. yikes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now