Talk

Advanced search

Gift ideas

(7 Posts)
lancslass17 Tue 09-Jun-20 16:54:22

Simone at work is leaving soon, she has been really helpful to me over the years so would like to get her a present, but i don't know her well enough.

What do you suggest woman late 50s?

OP’s posts: |
Montysmam1 Wed 10-Jun-20 11:09:52

Maybe something for a hobby she enjoys, like gardening or crafting? I've had some great gifts from this company too for special occasions, love their sweet mugs. www.sweetandnostalgic.co.uk/

OnABeachSomewhere Wed 10-Jun-20 11:19:07

Luxury food/drink
Mini orange tree
Patio rose
Posh spa voucher
Fruit basket
Theatre tokens for post-lockdown

WhatWouldDominicDo Wed 10-Jun-20 11:22:14

How much do you want to spend? And is she retiring, or leaving to go somewhere else?

Not a fruit basket, nor a patio rose IMO - makes her sound like she's decrepit!

I'm late 50s - I'd like an accessory - maybe a piece of jewellery - from somewhere like Sea Salt, or Carrie Elspeth. You can never have too many earrings.

OnABeachSomewhere Wed 10-Jun-20 11:25:31

LOL... just depends on the person I guess. I'm younger than that, definitely not decrepit and would love any of those grin

Warrentett Fri 19-Jun-20 19:21:13

A little hamper box would be great - I’ve seen these on Etsy there loads about - www.etsy.com/uk/listing/812955286/mini-happiness-boxes?ref=shop_home_active_1

FinallyHere Fri 19-Jun-20 21:48:15

I would love a token present, such a very small box (four chocolates) of very expensive chocolates and a hand written letter saying how much you have appreciated and benefitted from the help you have provided.

The point about a very small box is that anyone could eat the chocolate. Unlike a big box where it's not ideal to eat the lot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »