Talk

Advanced search

Ds party in only 3 weeks time. No time to get sort anything out HELP!

(7 Posts)
Starbear Sat 22-Sep-07 23:14:30

Ds is Three in October. Venue I planned fell through. Very tiny house, big garden. I thought Teddy Bears Picnic. So I don't have to worry about little chairs and tables. Please help with party etiquette Do I have to invite everybody from his class at nursery? My mum picks him up so I don't know all the names of the kids or parents?!!!Help with games & activities that I can get in the High street or make myself? What are the must haves apart from cake and balloons?What if it rains? Real novice hereblush

EricL Sat 22-Sep-07 23:19:01

Don't invite everyone from nursery - that is just making a rod for your own back far too early. Kids at that age just want the attention and a few friends and family round to fuss over them.

We had a simliar issue a while ago and we hired a bouncy castle at the last minute and she had a ball.

As long as there is the people they know best around them, they have fun, a cake and presents - that is all they need at that age believe me.

Alambil Mon 24-Sep-07 14:17:13

Pass the Parcel, Pin the Tail on the ..., also games like "stand on the red/blue/whatever spot when the music stops" are a hoot at that age

I found a "hunt the... finger of fudge, I did" worked well

only invite as many people that will fit in the house incase it rains - three or 4 will be fine

Food - just do sarnies, crisps, fruit, cakes - they won't want too much anyway

don't bother, unless you want to, with party bags

how about table cloth / some blankets - I got an enormous disposable white table cloth from Asda's party section to sit them all on - scooped it up and recycled it when done

errr, not sure what else - that covers food, drink (squash), cake, games... what else could you need?

MaureenMLove Mon 24-Sep-07 14:26:42

How about asking for a fiver from each guest to cover the costs! grin

PatsyCline Mon 24-Sep-07 14:48:48

My mum always says to invite the child's age plus one and I can't agree more. When my DD1 was three, I just checked with nursery that the four children whom I believed to be the ones my DD played with most were indeed her buddies and left the invites with nursery to pass on.

Keep it simple is my advice.

PatsyCline Mon 24-Sep-07 14:51:03

Also, meant to add - keep it short for little ones - an hour is absolutely fine IMO.
And don't make much food - they'll be too excited to each much, bless them!

Have a lovely time.

Furball Mon 24-Sep-07 14:55:03

you could do an activity like biscuits with some icing to be spooned on the top then add various things to stick to it like choclate sprinkles, jelly tots etc. That'll take up 10 minutes and they can eat them afterwards another 10 minutes hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now