Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DD had a scrapbook party this afternoon and it went really really well!

(18 Posts)
pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 16:28:34

Infact I cant believe how well it went, 10 children including mine and I didnt hear one child moan, groan or run a mock!

2 and a half hrs of enjoyment, everyone had something to take home and parents seemed pretty impressed too.

Thoroughly recommend it!grin

NKF Sun 16-Sep-07 16:29:03

What is a scrapbook party?

NKF Sun 16-Sep-07 16:29:13

Glad to hear it went well.

MaureenMLove Sun 16-Sep-07 16:30:57

I was thinking about you! Glad you had a good afternoon. Do you have the time to do Scrapbook parties for other childrens parties? Sounds like a business venture to me!

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 16:32:44

We took photos of DC (fun ones the same size as passport ones) they then stuck then onto card, I had already made folders that had 4 pockets in them, They had lots of bits and pieces to stick on . They then stuck their photo on a luggage label and threaded ribbon at the top. On the outside of the folder I took a picture of all the girls.

We called it making a memory party!

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 16:33:50

I must admit, as I was getting all the bits ready I did think about offering my services out!wink

I really enjoyed it!

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 16:48:59

Did cheat on the birthday cake thou!shock- Thanks Tescogrin

MaureenMLove Sun 16-Sep-07 17:40:39

Might be worth putting the feelers out PB. Sounds like it was popular. I did exactly the same. I'm pretty good onthe making front and I did a making party for DD's 9th birthday I think and sent out business cards in the party bags!

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 17:44:00

Its certainly worth a thought, even if itis a passing phase!

Trouble is I wouldn't know how to price it!hmm

I wonder if anyone will approach me!Heres hoping!grin

MaureenMLove Sun 16-Sep-07 18:15:05

I phoned all the places that kids usually go for parties round here. Like bowling, swimming, McD'sshock etc and then priced in the middle. I charge £8.50 per child, which is actually cheap, since you can argue that they'll be no need for a party bag. I made a questionnaire which I gave to various friends that went to different schools to me, asking how much parents would pay, did they think it was a good/different idea and what target audience they thought it would suit. Go on! You can but try!

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 18:16:15

Did you include food, or is that up to the parent?

MaureenMLove Sun 16-Sep-07 18:20:59

No, no food. I suggest 2 projects for a 2 hour party. The first one lasts 45mins, then break for food for 30mins, then another for 45mins. Of course, you could start something, then break, then finish. I also tell parents, that they don't need to do anything other than food. I do all the preparation, taking my own table cloths, aprons etc and then I clear everything away again at the end and take all the rubbish home. That way, the parents only have to deal with a tea party.

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 19:14:19

Thats certainly food for thought! Thanks for that......smile

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 20:47:03

bump for PC!wink

Pinkchampagne Sun 16-Sep-07 21:24:16

Oh wow, you did a scrapbook party! Glad to hear it was such a success.smile

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 21:29:47

See, you can do it, very easy as it probably would only interest females(sorry dont mean to be sexist!)

Think of the extra pocket money!

pinkbubble Sun 16-Sep-07 21:30:59

I will bring DD1 in to school tomorrow, other DDs want to take theirs in to show their teachers - poor teachers!

Pinkchampagne Sun 16-Sep-07 21:33:27

your scrapbooks are very impressive, but I don't think I am up to the job somehow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now