Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please can I have all suggestions for a sparkly 'pink princess party' ?

(14 Posts)
WideWebWitch Sun 16-Sep-07 15:23:24

This is what dd wants for her fourth birthday, which is in November (I know I am thinking ahead, have to, we're on an economy drive as we want to buy a house next year). Today I bought Disney princess party bags (bleurgh) and assorted sparkly things to go in them plus princess plates and napkins but any suggestions for

decorations, I have a vision of pink tulle, where would I get that? Intending to put pink bulbs in a room downstairs to make it a pink room but any other ideas welcome
games
other stuff

very welcome. I'm a bit of a novice to girls parties! Also, if anyone has any girly tatt they want to get rid of/sell me then please do speak up. TIA.

JackieNo Sun 16-Sep-07 15:58:45

Pink netting, 99p/metre on ebay. (no idea if that's good or not). Maybe some pretty fairy lights? Disco ball?

JackieNo Sun 16-Sep-07 16:05:41

Organza too. Or visit a haberdashery shop, and see what they have.

tortoiseSHELL Sun 16-Sep-07 16:06:45

Make your own crowns - get some gold/silver card, cut them out beforehand, get some stick on jewels, and then they take them home in party bags.

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 16-Sep-07 16:08:02

pink marshmallows
pink milk jellies

MaureenMLove Sun 16-Sep-07 16:10:06

You could make one of those curtains to go across the door frame cheaply with some pink crepe paper. You could also play pin the star on the princesses wand. Draw or paint a picture of a princess, with a wand without a star on it. Then cut out a star and stick a bit of bluetac on the back.

WideWebWitch Sun 16-Sep-07 16:12:29

Oooh I LIKE that tulle! Marshmallows and crowns also fab idea

WideWebWitch Sun 16-Sep-07 16:13:16

pin the star fab idea!

tortoiseSHELL Sun 16-Sep-07 16:14:47

Does she definitely want 'princess'? Ds1's school did a 'fairytale ball', where you dressed up as a charater from a fairy story (he was the third little pig because I couldn't make a prince costume).

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 16-Sep-07 16:16:41

you can make pink tissue paper flowers - v easy, just cut about 4 plate shaped circles for each flower, gather them together in centre and attach to a bendy straw by poking a sparkly pipecleaner through centre and into top of straw (bend the end to stop it faqlling apart) secure with a rubber band behind flower at top of straw...then you can dab a bit of glitter glue on the petals - make a few bunches to decorate the room - dd could help - I've made these with a 4 yr old !

MaureenMLove Sun 16-Sep-07 16:20:23

If you've got a Hobbycraft nearby, they do princessy type foam shapes. You could get them to make princess pictures, that'll take up 1/2 an hour.

WideWebWitch Sun 16-Sep-07 16:21:36

oh thank you, we have dh tells me (he went there recently ad came back with deeply impractical glitter thing for dd to do. I TOLD him it would get everywhere!)

tortoiseSHELL Sun 16-Sep-07 16:22:26

Lots of ideas here including bracelet and necklace making, making goblets out of plastic wine glasses, searching for dragons eggs (could be plastic eggs filled with something, or chocolate eggs), musical 'magic carpets' (use towels instead of cushions/chairs), decorating picture frames (print out a picture of a disney princess, put into a cardboard frame, they decorate with jewels/glitter etc), printables colouring (print them off the web), decorating princess cakes.

MaureenMLove Sun 16-Sep-07 16:23:39

And just to add to the excitement! The do a wonderful kit of funky foam which is a princess castle picture. Perfect for a 4 year old girls birthday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now