Talk

Advanced search

I've just realised its DD's 12th birthday in 3 weeks and I've no idea what to do for her!

(8 Posts)
MaureenMLove Fri 14-Sep-07 22:53:35

Any ideas welcome!

Her birthday always seems to creep up on me, what with getting back into the school thing after the holidays. Last year she had a climbing wall party and a sleep over with a couple of friends. I don't have a whole lot of money, which I'd rather spend on her than her friends tbh! What could I suggest?

Clary Fri 14-Sep-07 22:57:47

3 pals to the cinema

DVDs and popcorn and ice cream at home

girlie makeover party (I know they do them at 6 now but I think 12 a much more appropriate age <grumpy old mum>)

A day out somewheer special - like a really nice posh restaurant for lunch and then shopping with a couple of pals?

MaureenMLove Fri 14-Sep-07 23:22:45

I'm with you on the grumpy mum thing! I could do a VIP cinema trip to Bluewater I suppose. Its a Friday, so I could dump them in the cinema and go shopping!

Aero Fri 14-Sep-07 23:28:30

Pizza and cinema with a few friends, or DVD and pizza at home.

What's the VIP at Bluewater thing? (ds1 will be 10 next birthday)

MaureenMLove Fri 14-Sep-07 23:31:59

You can book VIP seats, where you have a little booth at the back of the cinema all to yourself. I haven't investigated it myself yet, but I'm told its fun!

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 14-Sep-07 23:34:22

I have boys but my friend with 11 year old daughter was pondering the other day why oh why is it not possible to hire 'Claire's Accessories' shops for parties of tweenagers!

MaureenMLove Fri 14-Sep-07 23:47:01

It used to be possible. There was another shop called Girl Heaven where you could have parties, but it all merged into Claires a few years ago.

Aero Sat 15-Sep-07 00:02:04

Oooh - that sounds like fun mml. Will keep it in mind.

What about an afternoon painting pottery, or is she past that sort of thing? Our local one allows you to order in food from local takeaways etc for birthdays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now