Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a lockdown birthday

(4 Posts)
myotherface Mon 30-Mar-20 15:20:39

So Dd is turning 10 in a few weeks and Ds 7. It looks like it'll be a lockdown birthday. We'll have a birthday party with friends once the lockdown is over. I'd still want to make the actual birthday really special for them but with not being able to have a meal out or a special day out or friends for a sleepover etc I'm a bit stuck for ideas.

Also I'm struggling to think of presents for DD10. I've bought her a gymnastics bar for outside but haven't got any other ideas. She's asked for bits of makeup that she doesn't have to borrow mine when she copies makeup tutorials of youtube. I'm fine with her playing with makeup but obviously not really wearing it outside home and am a bit reluctant to start buying makeup for a ten year old!! She's also asked for an our generation doll and for a bed an accessories to play with. They are mega expensive though. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

OP’s posts: |
NuffSaidSam Mon 30-Mar-20 15:31:06

Sleepover - films, pizza, popcorn, sweets, all bed down in the living room. Maybe make some tents/a den with sheets.

Traditional party - pin the tail on the donkey, pass the parcel etc. sandwiches, jelly and ice-cream.

Treasure hunt - hide clues round the house and garden and prize at the end. Could theme it if child has a particular favourite.

Pamper party - nail varnish, hair glitter, maybe some mocktails,

Tea party - everyone puts their Sunday best on, bunting and tablecloth, little sandwiches with tea and scones and cakes etc.

Disco - lights, music, crisps and fizzy pop. Maybe some glow sticks if you can get hold of them.

Sports day - set up an assault course, egg and spoon, sack race, beat the goalie etc. Medals for everyone.

Raffathebear Mon 30-Mar-20 19:55:10

Virtual party with her friends and get her the make up. Its face paint to them and with lockdown wont be going anywhere with it on. Plus if she is anything like mine she will very quickly realise that application is hard, results look like nothing on the tutorial and give up interest. Prohibition makes curiousity stronger.

daisydalrymple Thu 02-Apr-20 17:45:35

Thanks Nuffsaid, great ideas here to use for dd’s birthday on Easter Sunday. I was already planning on incorporating the Easter hunt into the celebrations, lots to think about here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »