Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Presents for 9 year old nephew

(10 Posts)
katyamum Sun 09-Sep-07 20:50:17

I need inspiration. My nephews are 9 and 10. They are clever kids. I want to get them something brilliant but my brain is just not switched into this age group (my kids are much younger). My budget is about £20 each. They have a LOT of toys already and I don't want to be boring and educational. Help!

Hassled Sun 09-Sep-07 20:53:21

My 9 year old DS2 is really really into the Terry Pratchett books - the Diggers/Planes/something else I've forgotten trilogy is a good place to start.
Otherwise - those wheelie shoe things? A scooter? Lego Star Wars stuff would go down well but probably not much under £20.

dizzydance Sun 09-Sep-07 21:01:15

Just got my nephew a lava lamp out of argos, he loved it.

katyamum Sun 09-Sep-07 21:09:49

hey thanks mums. Heelies are a great idea but their parents would kill me. Lego Star Wars already v popular - think most of it already bought. Books great. Lava lamp is excellent idea. Any more thoughts out there?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Sun 09-Sep-07 21:10:45

Anything Dr Who related, a planetarium , telescope, microscope

cat64 Sun 09-Sep-07 21:14:22

Message withdrawn

hewlettsdaughter Sun 09-Sep-07 21:19:03

this is quite a good website for ideas (I haven't actually bought anything from them yet)

katyamum Sun 09-Sep-07 21:47:45

thanks. loving the idea of the lego star wars computer game. can't give them money (they have no real concept of money cos their parents are v well off) but maybe something along those lines would work. really appreciate all the ideas.

PigeonPie Sun 09-Sep-07 21:52:09

My 9 yo nephew was given his first Lego technics kits for his birthday. Thinks it's marvellous. Or, if they've got all the Lego Star Wars how about starting to build up the Mars Mission stuff?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now