Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fab party ideas for 7-year old girls anyone?

(8 Posts)
thirtysomething Thu 06-Sep-07 20:40:05

DD will be 7 soon and I'm really struggling for ideas. Basic list of about 16 girls plus Dd, and DS may tag along too. Don't mind hiring a hall or doing it at home. we've had several entertainer or bouncy castle type things so want something different. Build a bear too expensive for that number and everyone hates swimming parties as they have to go in with their child!Do't want to exceed £7-8 a head really.

Kbear Thu 06-Sep-07 23:11:02

There is a build-a-bear equivalent online - DD's friend's mum order a load of bears and the girls stuffed them and put the hearts in themselves and they velcro'd up. Much cheaper and ideal for a home party (might mean some serious hoovering). I'll try and find the link.

I've had all DD's parties at home. The last one when she was 8 was an American Diner sort of theme. I decorated downstairs with balloons and door curtains (crepe paper cut into long strips - very effective), crepe paper banners across the ceiled. I made burgers and curly fries, popcorn and cakes.

Then we had a pop quiz, involving lots of singing and actions (I can give you the questions if you like).

Then a bit of dancing, got out the Hannah Montana CD and High School Musical then DD opened her presents and that was three hours over with!!

I think keeping it simple is fine, you don't have to go overboard with entertaining them at that age and a good number is about 8-10 girls. (Although I had 14!! but then I'm a glutton for punishment and can shout loud!!).

Kbear Thu 06-Sep-07 23:17:15

{{http://www.bemybear.co.uk/gifts/TeddyBearKits/index.html]] bemybear.co.uk

Kbear Thu 06-Sep-07 23:17:27

www.bemybear.co.uk/gifts/Teddy_Bear_Kits/index.html

thirtysomething Fri 07-Sep-07 14:54:10

thanks Kbear - that site's fab, the only problem being that the pice may not be much less than the bear factory if all 15 come!

Kbear Fri 07-Sep-07 21:19:13

just looked at the prices - you're right, no cheaper really, oh well!

UnquietDad Fri 07-Sep-07 21:20:56

Yeah, have it at home. We did for DD's 7th and it was great. 2 rounds of pass-the-parcel, dancing, some food and a pinata - they love to whack the hell out of a pinata. Most 7-year-old girls are vicious little thugs when you give ;em a stick and a poor cardboard donkey to abuse.

thirtysomething Sat 08-Sep-07 11:26:56

thanks unquietdad doubt, am def. now thinking of having it at home - doubt 15 extra girls could be any noisier or thug-like put together than my own DD anyway...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now