Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What can I buy for my lovely godson for his 6th birthday? Answers on a postcard please!

(15 Posts)
MaureenMLove Tue 04-Sep-07 21:21:55

I'm stuck! He likes dinosaurs (knows the names of all of them), whales & other various large sea creatures (knows all the names of them too!) but there's only so many t-rex's and hump backs a boy can have, so what do I get?

Kbear Tue 04-Sep-07 21:23:57

hmmm.... tricky.

He has seen a bright yellow Raleigh bike today in Halfords for the bargain price of £109.99 that he's set his heart on.....

grin

Bink Tue 04-Sep-07 21:24:30

Day out to an aquarium, with you (or with his family if he might be shy with you on his own).

Kbear Tue 04-Sep-07 21:25:26

No to the bike?

OK

Star Wars on DVD? He loved it when he watched your copy!!

(Could we have had this conversation on this phone ha ha ha???)

Kbear Tue 04-Sep-07 21:26:38

My baby is going to be 6 - waaaaah.

Almost out of kissable years. (Working on the basis that he won't want to kiss me when he's 9 - sob).

kathcariad Tue 04-Sep-07 21:35:44

I don't know where you are (in the real world),but if poss I would plump for a day at the natural history museum.lots of dinos.experience is worth more to a six year old , and will make him feel really special.
or elc do some cool dino toys.there may be a sea-life centre close to you....

MaureenMLove Tue 04-Sep-07 21:38:11

We could have done, but what would I do with the rest of my evening on here if I didn't have anything to talk about!

MaureenMLove Tue 04-Sep-07 21:42:30

Now there's a question Kath! I dont think I've been in the real world for years!grin We are very close to central London, so he has done The Aquarium & Natural History Museum already.

Star Wars sounds good. Tut! £109.00 bike - you not in the real world either then!

Kbear Tue 04-Sep-07 22:01:57

didn't say he was getting it - am firmly in the real world!!

kathcariad Tue 04-Sep-07 22:23:54

How well does he read? Great age for one of those personalised books.You know the type , with his name as the central character , siblings/friends names , birthday , etc. I'm sure they do a dino one and you could probably do it online.Kids love those and it's a great keepsake.My youngest (so far , hubby's grinding me down for no. 4!) just turned six.his fave things were a superman scooter and a tamagotchi....

MaureenMLove Tue 04-Sep-07 22:33:02

Ooh, I like that idea Kath! I shall go look for a book online right now! Thanks!

Keltie40 Tue 04-Sep-07 22:35:33

You could try something a little bit different -

www.sea-monkeys.com

Brilliant for a boy of 6 who's into dinosaurs - Sea Monkeys are biological time travellers!(Same age and interests as my DS).

You can get a starter set for about £15 to £20 - most good toy shops stock the starter kits which come with the eggs ready to hatch.

magicmummy Wed 05-Sep-07 00:27:54

Build you own wooden dinosaur set ??
My 6 year old loves them.

Kbear Wed 05-Sep-07 22:11:01

<<kbear pleads for mercy, nothing I will have to build....>> grin

ChippyMinton Thu 06-Sep-07 11:36:25

Prehistoric Park on DVD www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1098757/Prehistoric-Park/Product.html My soon to be six DS loves this, and has both of these:

make your own solar system mobile

excavate a dinosaur Takes forever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now