Talk

Advanced search

9 yr old girl party ideas pls!

(9 Posts)
cherrycake Sun 02-Sep-07 16:54:06

DD going to turn 9 in a few weeks, she can't decide what kind of party she fancies. She has been to rollerblading, bowling, cinema, horse-riding, swimming, ice skating, pottery painting, art n craft parties, and we can't think of anything different! She is not materialistic in the slightest so we want something a bit unusual (and cheap!)
Anyone got any fab ideas?

mummymagic Sun 02-Sep-07 17:04:20

cinema party? rent a couple of films, darkened room, set up chairs, make popcorn and ice creams and drinks in big cups with straws.

You can have an 'intermission' where they chat and have more party food...

soapbox Sun 02-Sep-07 18:39:42

Climbing wall - if you have one near you?

Garden fair? Buy jam jars and ping pong balls, raffle ticket book for tombola, buy a cheap hoopla, pin the tail on the donkey, bouncy castle etc etc. Make all the things they 'win' their party bag things - so they go home at the end of the fair with their bags full

Feedmenow Sun 02-Sep-07 18:44:46

try www.fizzpotz.co.uk.

Did this for my dd's 8th birthday. The 8 yo's loved it, as well as my 5 yo ds and a friends 11 yo dd.

cherrycake Mon 03-Sep-07 20:06:48

Great ideas thanks!
There is a climbing wall at school so that wouldn't be too special.
The garden fair one sounds really fun!!
The fizzpotz looks fantastic but maybe a bit out of price range, would love to do that one though.
May do the garden fair one, will ask her tomorrow what she thinks.
Thanks so much!
Any extra ideas welcome!

lilolilmanchester Tue 04-Sep-07 19:47:05

Do you have a Laserquest near you? Most children love that.
I did a craft party for my DD one year. Rented the local scout hut (cheap), bought lots of things to make from Baker Ross and cheap pens/crayons/glitter/glue from £1 shops. Then gave each child a bag with their name on and as they'd finished the craft (bookmarks/keyrings/make your own jigsaw etc etc) they popped them in the bag and they doubled as party bags. Did my own food so all in all it was very reasonable,and the children all enjoyed it.
If she's a girly girl, my DD went to a makeover party once and loved it. Her friend's Mum "did it herself" with help from others (hair braiding, tattoos, nailvarnish etc).
Not sure what I'm doing for my DD this year, possibly bowling cos not done that with her yet, but will watch this thread with interest for new ideas!

pointydog Tue 04-Sep-07 19:48:30

You haven't mentioned sleepover.

lilolilmanchester Tue 04-Sep-07 19:49:01

Must learn to read, didn't see that arts n crafts was old hat! Sorry! But lots of things you could do to make it different if you think that would go down well.
If I had a bigger kitchen, would do a baking party. But haven't, so won't even try!

lilolilmanchester Tue 04-Sep-07 19:50:16

Just noticed the BeMyBear advert on this page - another idea?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now