Talk

Advanced search

party games for 4 year old...

(7 Posts)
mollythetortoise Fri 24-Aug-07 20:42:07

hello all, am new here so forgive me if topic done to death! am having party for my 4 year old daughter next week. V simple affair in back garden (about 10 children boys and girls) and I will be the entertainer. Need ideas for games. Have thought of pass the parcel, musical statues, musical bumps but what others are there?? My mind has gone blank!! Have a bubble machine from elc but suspect that will only buy me a short amount of time... pls help!! thanks

goingfor3 Fri 24-Aug-07 20:43:35

put sheets of paper on the floor for muscial bits of paper instead of chairs. The bubble machine will probably keep them entertained longer than any games.

RubyRioja Fri 24-Aug-07 20:45:27

I'd keep v simple. By the time they have eaten, popped bubble and run aroudn screaming, there wont be much time for anyting else.

I'd consider back up plans for rain though - eg craft activity

bozza Fri 24-Aug-07 20:47:38

sleeping lions.

mollythetortoise Fri 24-Aug-07 20:53:55

thanks all! will add in your suggestions plus maybe a dancing competion...

startouchedtrinity Fri 24-Aug-07 21:12:24

Having been to several 4 yr old's parties before dd1's I gave party games a miss. There seems to be something about 4 yr olds that means they really struggle to lose - at three they don't care and by five they know the score. In particular the birthday person seems to have a wobbler when they lose at musical whatnot - at one party I was asked to rig the pass the parcel so the birthday person won which I thought Not Cricket.

So for dd1's party we had biscuit decorating - went down a storm with both boys and girls - the girls took theirs home and the boys scoffed them as soon as they were done. Also had dancing and colouring-in. If you have outdoor toys for them to play on they will be so excited doing that they won't want the games - I was at a party a little while ago where the mum got everyone in for games and all the kids groaned as they were having such a great time on her ds' climbing frame and ride-ons.

Surfermum Fri 24-Aug-07 21:17:31

We did games at dd's 4th party. We did musical statues without anyone being out and musical hats where they had to grab a hat to put on, again without anyone being out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now