Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do I want for my 40th birthday?

(20 Posts)
yogabird Fri 17-Aug-07 20:45:50

I know it's mad, relatives keep asking, mum keeps asking... i don't know. I'm getting a dog next week for the first time in my life one of my own, that's my present to me. DH is taking me off to St Ives for a weekend away and apart from that i just don't know - except for a biscuit tin - a proper one with a rattly thingy inside to keep them fresh (i've never had one of those either!)

Is this just sad or what? I am quite content, would like pressies but can't think what

please help!

WanderingTrolley Fri 17-Aug-07 20:46:24

A farking great diamond.

Beauregard Fri 17-Aug-07 20:47:14

Clothes?
Lovely make up?
Shoes?
perfume?
Smellies?
Dog accessories?

tassisssss Fri 17-Aug-07 20:49:09

accessorize voucher
nice bubble bath
handbag
jewellery
beauty vouchers for massage/facial
book tokens
magazine subscription

luckylady74 Fri 17-Aug-07 20:54:13

my best friend's just turned 40 and she asked for pilgrim jewlery which is nice but not madly expensive. her son got her a spa day and i'm going to madrid with her
she's just lost weight and that spurred her on to ask for a lovely trendy professional photo session with her dh and ds. i got her a box for her new jewels. i prefer experiences or things like a voucher for a picnic hamper from our local deli because tbh there's not much i need that i'd want anyone else to choose for me.
it's not sad - it's lovely to be content and a dog is the best present ever

ChippyMinton Fri 17-Aug-07 20:56:13

a proper lie-in?

and same as wanderingtrolley, with lunch thrown in after choosing it

handlemecarefully Fri 17-Aug-07 21:00:32

Ask for some Philosophy bath gel / combined hair wash. It is 14 quid per bottle but very luxurious and a pleasure to use

littlerach Fri 17-Aug-07 21:01:21

Hot air balloon ride?
Good jewelelery

ChippyMinton Fri 17-Aug-07 21:05:41

one of those folding camp chairs in a funky print

yogabird Fri 17-Aug-07 21:27:56

handlemecarefully - it sounds delicious, i googled it, is it called 'falling in love?', can i ask auntie jean for such a thing i wonder? i do fancy it

hot air balloon would be great but we've moved house recently and i don't know the area well enough to enjoy it properly yet

jewellery not my thing, ditto make up too really

i like walking hills and cycling and the outdoors and active stuff, now dc's are getting bigger it's getting easier to do this stuff again. Reading and food too.

cousinsandra Fri 17-Aug-07 21:30:22

a week off and some cloying sentimental photo gifts from dcs that you can wheel out at every party hereafter.

handlemecarefully Sat 18-Aug-07 20:10:57

yogabird, the frozen lemon custard one smells divine
www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=249&SectionID=1884&featuredProduct=2346&pID=2 on this page

WideWebWitch Sat 18-Aug-07 20:16:28

I had a magnolia tree which was what I really, really wanted. I intend to be buried beneath it.

janeitebus Sat 18-Aug-07 20:16:35

Think Nigella has a new book coming out soon.

Lovely brolly for when walking the dog?

Suede/leather gloves?

Money to spend on Amazon?

yogabird Sat 18-Aug-07 22:23:27

Wow Wickedwaterwitch - part of me is envious that you are where you want to be when you die. I know i'm not yet, nor ready to be. I love gardening and would love a tree, maybe an olive tree, would that thrive in a big pot do you think? We are south facing and it would be ok for warmth but...

I would like a pair of luxury suede gardening gloves long ones so that's helped janeitebus.

thanks all for ideas, keep them coming if you can i had mum and mum-in-law on the phone talking about clubbing together and wanting ideas.
will try the bath gel too, thanks for the link

AllBuggiedOut Sat 18-Aug-07 22:34:09

Not sure where you're based, but membership of Kew Gardens or local equivalent? Or National Trust membership?

yogabird Sat 18-Aug-07 22:42:46

AllBuggiedOut great idea, got Nat trust for xmas from mum and love it. BAsed in Devon so far, far from the big smoke and its attractions

WideWebWitch Sun 19-Aug-07 08:54:13

Yogabird, I'm not! It's in a large pot and we'll plant it when we move into the house of our dreams which might be in the next year.

littlerach Sun 19-Aug-07 08:57:56

My mum is on the south coast and grows olive trees, and palm trees. They just have to be in a shltered spot.

harleyd Sun 19-Aug-07 08:58:44

im with wanderingtrolley - its gotta be a bloody big diamond!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now