Party food ideas

(9 Posts)
Helen561 Mon 28-Oct-19 19:22:12

I’m planning my first party for my 6 year old previous parties have been at play centres who provide food I’m looking for party food ideas any help will be really appreciated

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 28-Oct-19 19:34:00

what time is the party at? that will influence what kind of food you need to provide

Helen561 Mon 28-Oct-19 20:26:09

It’s 130-330

LetMeLayAmongTheStars Mon 28-Oct-19 20:29:07

Sandwiches, egg, cheese, ham
Mini Sausage rolls, crisps, fruit (watermelon maybe) biscuits, party rings

LetMeLayAmongTheStars Mon 28-Oct-19 20:29:31

Carrot and cucumber with dips

sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 28-Oct-19 20:34:16

In that case i would do sandwiches (cheese, ham and egg), some cut up cucumber and carrot sticks, bowls of crisps (ready salted), some biscuits (eg party rings or jammie dodgers) and then a slice of birthday cake each (it's less likely to be eaten if its sent home).

sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 28-Oct-19 20:35:38

or OP, if the place you are holding the party has a kitchen, you could put several pizzas in the oven and then put out the other items that i mentioned above (minus the sandwiches). cut the pizza into strips and put that out also

holidays987 Mon 28-Oct-19 20:50:29

If you do sandwiches, save yourself some hassle and just keep it simple. Jam, cheese, ham is fine. Cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, blueberries, grapes, crisps and some other sweet treats. I'd avoid much chocolate as it gets messy.
Keep it's simple as possible. I'd even suggest doing a little lunch box for each of them (I ordered animal design ones from Amazon they were about 15p each) kids love them.

Helen561 Mon 28-Oct-19 21:08:36

Brilliant thank you all think I have some idea now

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in