Talk

Advanced search

Waitrose entertaining

(12 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

TemporaryPermanent Sun 06-Oct-19 15:51:41

Hi, planning an afternoon gathering of 35 people, I just want simple finger food so was going to order sandwich and cut fruit platters. What was your experience- were the platters generous? They say 4-6 people per platter. Most of the people coming will be quite elderly so I'm basing my calculations on 6 at least per platter... does that sound realistic?

I'm going to provide fruit cake, lemon curd tarts and scones as well.

OP’s posts: |
northernmonkeys100 Sun 06-Oct-19 15:55:29

I think you maybe looking at the wrong forum. Unless finger food has a double meaning. If it does please can you educate me. 🤣😂🤣😂😂

TemporaryPermanent Sun 06-Oct-19 16:02:35

LOL oops

Tesbel Sun 06-Oct-19 16:03:30

Pmsl.. actually laughing out loud at this blooper!!

TemporaryPermanent Sun 06-Oct-19 16:03:55

Reported - thought I was putting it into parties/celebrations!

LilyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 06-Oct-19 16:12:47

We'll move it for you now, OP... grin

TemporaryPermanent Sun 06-Oct-19 16:14:07

At the party people will be asking why I keep giggling for no reason as I hand round sandwiches to my guests aged 90 plus... thanks @MNHQ

TemporaryPermanent Sun 06-Oct-19 16:26:54

Just to be clear, I'm still interested in the original question... are waitrose exaggerating about the size of their platters or not??

Tesbel Sun 06-Oct-19 18:59:39

Lol @OP I'm sorry I cant help you.. we don't have waitrose where I'm from 🤣🤣

MrsEricBana Sun 06-Oct-19 19:04:10

Erm ok so where was this originally posted?!

TemporaryPermanent Sun 06-Oct-19 21:06:21

In the Sex topic. When im on my phone MN is somehow locked onto the sex topic (oh dear) but I'd forgotten when I posted...

MatchaMuffin Wed 09-Oct-19 16:14:35

grin

Doesn't it say how many pieces you get? When we were looking into it, I went in-store and they had some brochures that showed exactly what you got in each platter. I'd probably allow 3 sandwiches/wrap slices per person. 2 seems a bit meagre even if many are elderly. The fruit I'm sure will be fine as there are plenty of other puddings on offer.

In the end we DIY'd.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »