Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm brain-dead, so I need help planning, please.

(7 Posts)
PrettyCandles Mon 06-Aug-07 20:59:16

Ds1's 7th birthday in September. He wants a venue party, but will probably want to invite a lot of children (last year we had around 25), so we'd rather have it at home.

Not keen on having it indoors! Garden is essentially a patio and lawn, so not much opportunity for, say, a treasure hunt (or am I wrong?). I don't mind if they get muddy or if it rains, we can organise for that but the activities would have to be do-able in less-than-perfect weather. Food also is not a problem.

I think I've got the time for preparation, so not phazed by that. Though I am slightly worried about my ability to control and direct a horde of 6yos.

What sort of things can we do? Can you suggest any activities, games, themes, etc?

Califrau Mon 06-Aug-07 21:01:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WideWebWitch Mon 06-Aug-07 21:04:51

We've done:

A bouncy castle in a hall for 4th party, loads of children, cheap and great fun, no games needed as they all jsut bounced

a Star Wars party - dressed up, watched the film on a projector, light saber battles in the park, Star Wars theme as they arrived, dh photoshopped all the children as jedis so they all took one home

a football party - took them to a football match, followed by pizza express, dh photoshopped them each into a photo of the England team (dh works v hard at these and under pressure!) - a friend of ds's did a version of this with football in the park, oranges at half time, chips afterwards

A Yu Gi Oh party - the invite was ds as a Yu Gi Oh card, right size and everything, max hit points etc, blue eyes dazzling ds invites you to... and then Yu Gi Oh the movie (after they'd traded and had a tournament)

You could do a Beyblade party if they're into them?

WideWebWitch Mon 06-Aug-07 21:05:36

And I asked aboitu being uber mum on parties a while back, will see if I can find thread!

WideWebWitch Mon 06-Aug-07 21:08:00

This wasn't my thread but is a good needign a great party for 7yo thread and there's a link to my thread on there too

Califrau Mon 06-Aug-07 21:12:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrettyCandles Mon 06-Aug-07 21:35:49

He likes trains and sciency stuff, would probably love something wiht lots of clear rules (spends at least half of the time alotted to anything explaining how it should be done - to anyone who will or won't listen LOL). He likes physical stuff, but is not sporty. Does football club after school, and ballet classes as well. Enjoys football, but loves ballet. Is equally awkward at both .

There are some brilliant ideas here, but most of them involve either a party at a venue, or a hired entertainment of some sort. I need things that dh and I can do at home. I think the best idea so far is the Olympics - only I'm not sure he knows what they are. But a tournament with prizes and medals might appeal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now