Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OK for adult to have big bd party for non-significant bd?

(9 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Mon 06-Aug-07 18:54:48

I feel like having a BIG bd party. Quite a while since the last significant one, which everyone seemed to really enjoy, and equally quite a while to go til next significant one. If I specify no gifts (perhaps donation to charity an alternive option) does that seem like an ok thing to do? Really fancy getting everyone together for a bash, but haven't ever been to an adult's party that wasn't for a recognised birthday. Would appreciate your views.

daisyandbabybootoo Mon 06-Aug-07 19:00:15

Could you just say it's a party, but not mention your birthday. We've just done that for my DHs 40th as he didn't want a fuss. We just invited everyone around for a barbecue, great fun was had by all, and most people didn't even realise it was his birthday.

lilolilmanchester Mon 06-Aug-07 19:04:18

well, we could do, but it'll be in winter and at least half the guests will be aware it's my bd. But you've given me the idea that i could perhaps have a party at a different time. Not a bbq cos we don't have the space at home, was going to rent somewhere and have a disco/do a buffet.

littlelapin Mon 06-Aug-07 19:06:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Mon 06-Aug-07 19:07:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moondog Mon 06-Aug-07 19:08:39

What would be the point of not mentioning birthday daisy,when the whole point is surely that she wants a big birthday party?

Great idea,go for it.
Can I come?

lilolilmanchester Mon 06-Aug-07 19:09:25

Littlelapin, love the invitation idea! Thanks.

MamaG Mon 06-Aug-07 19:09:31

Hell yeah! Go for it. I want to come.

lilolilmanchester Mon 06-Aug-07 19:11:01

yes, Moondog, you're all invited!!! Thinking about it, I think it should be a birthday party otherwise people might start thinking I'm ill or something. But don't want presents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now