Talk

Advanced search

Christening party going to be a waste of time?

(3 Posts)
Petrajayne26 Sat 27-Jul-19 09:04:58

My one year old son is getting christened tomorrow my dad has booked a christening party for afterwards at a pub near by the church but I feel it is a waste of time having a party as alot of my mum's side of the family are not going to be at the christening. My aunty and uncle are only going to be there for 30 minutes or an hour. One of my friends might not come as she does not respond to my messages always says she doesn't see my messages and my other friend and her fiancee is moving house outside our home town so they can only stay for a couple of hours. My husband's side of the family is only staying for the christening including the godparents. My husband and son might not be able to attend the party because of my son's nap time being after the christening and what annoys me the most is my parents are only staying for a couple of hours even though my dad is the one that booked this party and also my dad invited his side of the family even though I don't really know them and don't see them hardly. I feel I wasted money on a large cake when l 20 people or less are going to be at the party and the cake is big enough for 40 servings I want to leave the party after my parents are gone and feel like taking half my christening cake home as I don't want it going to waste it cost £48. I would rather do something else to celebrate my son's special day with just my son and husband like go out for a family meal or take my son to the ball pit or go to a big park. I feel i should say no to having a party if I have another child and get him or her christened. I feel my son's christening has gotten a bit out of hand. When it came to my wedding my parents forced me to invite people I hardly knew. Has anyone had a christening with no party afterwards? Or has anyone had a party where a lot of people have not turned up or only stayed for a short time? Have you done something different to celebrate your child's christening?

OP’s posts: |
Namechangeforthiscancershit Sat 27-Jul-19 09:12:46

Cakes never feed as many people as it says! Well not if I am one of the people anyway...

So who will be there?

Petrajayne26 Sat 27-Jul-19 09:47:12

my parents, my friend and her fiancee, 8 or 6 of my mum's relatives and possibly 10 for my dad's side of the family

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »