Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aaaaahhhh! Rain forecast for DD's party - indoor game ideas needed!!!

(9 Posts)
trell Fri 27-Jul-07 22:25:30

DD (4) having bithday party on Sunday but forecast is more heavy rain. Have 6 2-4 year olds to entertain for 3 hours. Usual favourites are on the list of things to do (pass the parcel, musical bumps/statues, pin tail on donkey) but my imagination seems to have left me - does anyone else have other ideas for indoor games please? Lounge not too big although can also use similar sized Summer House at end of the garden.

Kbear Fri 27-Jul-07 22:28:23

Get a party CD from ELC - it will have stuff like Simple Simon says and other action games to sing along too. Sing and Play I think it's called. naff as hell but perfect for that age group.

Go to the pound shop and buy sticker books, one each, sit them on the floor with a book and a drink and let them get on with it. Should give you 15 mins peace at least!

PotatoOfDoom Fri 27-Jul-07 22:29:44

Sleeping lions?

clutteredup Fri 27-Jul-07 22:32:39

2 teams of three, pass a ballon through legs, over head, through, legs , over head....one at the back runs to front to start again till all had a go at the front...totally chaotic, noisy and needs some adult input at this age....but time consuming

brimfull Fri 27-Jul-07 22:34:09

3 hrs - blimey !

hire a clown???
take them to local playsite?

sorry
good luck

brimfull Fri 27-Jul-07 22:35:05

ooh hide sweets around like and easter egg hunt

shouldbe Fri 27-Jul-07 22:38:42

My dd went to a party recently where on arrival all the children had their names written on half inflated balloons. Later in the party these balloons were emptied out, everyone had to find their balloon and stand on it to pop it! Didn't take long, but the kids loved it!!

macmama73 Fri 27-Jul-07 22:39:52

We made pizza with DD friends. I bought a ready made base and let the kids make their own pizzas, they thought it was great fun.

trell Fri 27-Jul-07 22:46:36

Thanks everyone! Some really good ideas - will definitely do the balloon game (chaos and children always mix well) and really like the party CD and hiding sweets. It's pretty lame but I really want this to be a great time for DD and her friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now